Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Local Raptor for sale - you on here, bro?

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by ineedaBubble, Oct 17, 2017.

1. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

2. Aaron

Aaron Meme Corps Commandant

[​IMG]

ineedaBubble likes this.
  3. Mike175

Mike175 Full Access Member

That dealer is high. That's more than I paid for mine brand new. I am having a hard time finding 26K in add on parts too. Maybe those queer floor mats are really magic carpets.

Wfo, donh and ineedaBubble like this.
  4. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

My thoughts exactly. They’ve got another thing coming if they think they’ll get anywhere near that amount.

I’m going to test drive it Saturday, because why not.

My sister had a bad experience buying her Passat from this dealer years ago. And heard many more negative stories about them since. Not surprised they price their shit high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mike175

Mike175 Full Access Member

The stereotype of used car-salesmen being shady and snake oil salesmen is born in truth.

ineedaBubble likes this.
  6. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

My wife and I have always adhered to the following:

a stereotype is a stereotype for a reason....

So I'm 100% with you. I drove the truck on Saturday so my wife could finally experience a Raptor (I've test driven 2 other SCREW's and one SCAB over the past year or so). This thing was CLEAN. Interior looked completely unmolested, so the PO's (yes, two owners even though it only has 22k miles) clearly took care of this thing.

And the mods were tasteful. Corsa CAI and Borla exhaust. Spray in bed liner. Quality tonneau cover. Viper alarm system. LED fogs. The exhaust was intoxicating during the roughly 10 minute test drive....I could not get enough of it.

My wife, needless to say, was hooked. She even said to me, "now I get it"...alluding to my year long obsession with owning a Raptor. She told me that the black is probably the color she likes most on a Raptor, having seen a few others with me. But I just don't think I can do it. While black looks amazing when kept clean and swirl-free, I don't think I'll have the time to keep it looking that good. At least not early on...not with a 2 year old and another expected in February.

Christ, January cannot come soon enough. My search will officially begin, though, I always keep an eye on what's out there. CarGuru's is great for this, as are the classifieds here, obviously. If a deal pops up that I simply cannot miss, I'm confident that I'll be able to talk the wife into letting it happen a little early.

I think my expectations are pretty fair. I'm looking to spend between $42-45k, for a '13-'14 SCREW with around 50k miles.

Is it bad that I literally cannot stop thinking about them? That's been the case since my obsession began last November. Soooooooooon!!!!

SZDZMTR likes this.
  7. SZDZMTR

SZDZMTR FRF Addict

I hope to see a day soooooon when you buy a Raptor. You are like a warrior without a horse.

Wfo and ineedaBubble like this.
  8. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

:lol:

It's so true! And you've been keeping tabs on me from the beginning, thoughtfully sprinkling in some encouragement from time to time. That's been much appreciated!

It's GOING to happen...soon enough. They say good things come to those who wait, right? Well, I'll have waited over a year. Let's see what my gift is!

9. SZDZMTR

SZDZMTR FRF Addict

At least your price range is very realistic and I know you are going to get a nice truck. Just do not chase the stockers, since it would cost you more money to get the mods done. And I totally get it how you feel.

ineedaBubble likes this.
  10. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

That's the goal. Find one with some tasteful mods, so I'm not starting from scratch. I listed my car on the BMWCCA classifieds to start gauging interest.

I'd love to sell it, as is (with all mods). But as a last resort, I'll remove exhaust/suspension/wheels/etc. and revert it back to stock and trade it in. I may actually make more money doing that, it just requires more work on my end.

SZDZMTR likes this.