Local Dealer (MH) Markup raptor r and raptor 37 insane Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why does the OP ask if there are dealers who do. It charge ADM when there is a thread dedicated to dealers who deserv our business with a list of those who accept orders when the order banks are open at sticker.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been saying this all along. No normal person is ever going to sniff at owning a Raptor R. It is a unicorn and like the ford GT unless you have millions in your account. You won’t get one. Period.

It is being built as marketing for ford only. They have no intentions putting it into service so normal people can buy one.

All you people in this board who say or think you are buying one are just punishing yourselves. Just let it go.
I’m not tracking with you. It’s a F150 with a V8. It does not make sense not to scale a vehicle like this (pending supply issues). It will in no way be in the same status league as a GT (1/2 mil vs $100k msrp*). I see a landscape more in line with the GT500 allocations.
*my best guess

Last edited:

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All this talk and Ford hasn't even leaked a single photo of it. And it's "supposed" to go on sale in less than 6 months

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sales manager told me had 2 allocations of raptor R coming. He’s buying one and his neighbor getting the other one (nuts). He say the mark up will be $50k over MSRP. I told him I was 5 on list at another dealership for the R and he just laughed saying I’ll never get it. he has a atlas blue raptor 37 package loaded for $20k over and any others raptors coming same $20k markup. He will not negotiate lower price And Offered 1k less.(laughable). Told him I would write a check for total price. would not budge and gave me the story won’t make them after next year. Overall bad experience and never met someone in the sales business as arrogant as him. Reminds me of the hummer guys selling before they went bust. Ford needs to sale direct and cut out this BS.

anyone with similar Experiences. I called planet ford and they are stuck on 15k markup. Does anyone know dealers who are reasonable in pricing? Do they even exist? These dealership and markups are destroying customer service and will cause ford to eventually go bankrupt. Sellers market or not eventually will be a surplus once chips catch up.
hes a liar

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not tracking with you. It’s a F150 with a V8. It does not make sense not to scale a vehicle like this (pending supply issues). It will in no way be in the same status league as a GT (1/2 mil vs $100k msrp*). I see a landscape more in line with the GT500 allocations.
*my best guess
It’s this small annoyance called CAFE. The R would drink fuel faster than the GT500, and man can that thing drain a tank. If, and I really mean if, the R is produced, it’ll be made in tiny numbers to not blow Fords CAFE numbers.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree very small numbers, so small $50k may be on the low end.

Maybe they are delaying it because they haven't completely decided what the drivetrain will be, (who knows it might be the 5.2 slightly down on the HP originally thought because of the rumors saying they are having issues with stability with pushing it up past 650 hp. might be with an electric hybrid to get an extra 150-200 hp. or they may scrap it all together. I still cant figure out why all this time they didn't actually offer the 3.5 option with the numbers the Ford GT has since there isn't a v8 yet. its pretty much the same engine except 660 hp and 550 torque. no brainer to me

Thats why I gave up the pipe dream of getting one, and got rid of the 18 and got the 21. I figured ill be good until 125k miles (well after its paid for). when the extended warranty has expired and if its still holding up ill drop some crazy ass engine in and have a toy of my own.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree very small numbers, so small $50k may be on the low end.

Maybe they are delaying it because they haven't completely decided what the drivetrain will be, (who knows it might be the 5.2 slightly down on the HP originally thought because of the rumors saying they are having issues with stability with pushing it up past 650 hp. might be with an electric hybrid to get an extra 150-200 hp. or they may scrap it all together. I still cant figure out why all this time they didn't actually offer the 3.5 option with the numbers the Ford GT has since there isn't a v8 yet. its pretty much the same engine except 660 hp and 550 torque. no brainer to me

Thats why I gave up the pipe dream of getting one, and got rid of the 18 and got the 21. I figured ill be good until 125k miles (well after its paid for). when the extended warranty has expired and if its still holding up ill drop some crazy ass engine in and have a toy of my own.
You can’t take a turbo motor designed to work in a 3,500 super car and just stick it in a 3 ton truck that can tow 4 tons and expect reliability and longevity. Power trains in trucks are designed with entirely different parameters than high performance sports cars.

My suspicion is if they do make an “R” it’ll use a derivative of a specialty motor they plan to use in the s650 mustang. Since that car is a little delayed, so is the R.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
All this talk and Ford hasn't even leaked a single photo of it. And it's "supposed" to go on sale in less than 6 months
Supposed according to who, specifically?
I think it’s a goner, but hope I’m wrong.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposed according to who, specifically?
I think it’s a goner, but hope I’m wrong.
Ford can’t get its head out if it’s arse. My buddy ordered a Mach1 with a SC v8 over a year ago and they keep telling him one more week, one more month, one more week etc. There is a video out there of a guy who waited a year to get his lightning, gets the truck, attaches a 4000 lb camper to it and then hits the road. He made it 60 miles and the battery fries itself. What a bummer. I’m starting to think of going another ditection. Imagine getting an R and then blow a part that’s on back order for 6 months? Strange times for sure.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford can’t get its head out if it’s arse. My buddy ordered a Mach1 with a SC v8 over a year ago and they keep telling him one more week, one more month, one more week etc. There is a video out there of a guy who waited a year to get his lightning, gets the truck, attaches a 4000 lb camper to it and then hits the road. He made it 60 miles and the battery fries itself. What a bummer. I’m starting to think of going another ditection. Imagine getting an R and then blow a part that’s on back order for 6 months? Strange times for sure.
Mach 1 doesn’t come with an S/C V8, so it sounds like your friend will be waiting indefinitely. Parts shortages are an industry wide issue right now, all manufacturers have been negatively impacted by it.