Loaner cars at your Ford dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eleven24

Reaction score
Having owned VW, Audi, BMW and even my son's Hyundai over the past 15-20 years I've grown accustomed to the complimentary loaner cars when bringing in for service. I was stunned when the rep at my dealership just told me they don't offer loaners for anything but warranty service when I was just making my first service appt.

Is this typical? Sounds crazy that it could prevent one from buying a truck as awesome as the Raptor, but I certainly don't think a $75k vehicle should necessitate the owner paying for a rental from a 3rd party when taking it in for service

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having owned VW, Audi, BMW and even my son's Hyundai over the past 15-20 years I've grown accustomed to the complimentary loaner cars when bringing in for service. I was stunned when the rep at my dealership just told me they don't offer loaners for anything but warranty service when I was just making my first service appt.

Is this typical? Sounds crazy that it could prevent one from buying a truck as awesome as the Raptor, but I certainly don't think a $75k vehicle should necessitate the owner paying for a rental from a 3rd party when taking it in for service

I have never heard of anyone complaining about not getting a loaner when it’s only in for an oil change; that’s a new one on me.

I have seen some dealers offer Uber/Lyft rides or a shuttle to a local mall or park, but not a loaner or rental vehicle.

Lincoln will give you a loaner for any service and also includes pickup and delivery, but that’s a luxury brand, just like BMW and Audi that you mentioned. As far as Hyundai, the dealer probably makes more money using cars as loaners and writing off the depreciation than they do selling them.