Load Range E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Nice, those must be new. For the longest time I think there was only a toyo mt that was a C range in the factory size.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Not sure if their website is accurate, but Discount Tire states the BFG KO2 E is a little lighter than the C. Kind of counterintuitive. The E is also $30 higher than the C. They actually recognized my tire warranty from the factory and charged me very little for the new tire. I think it only had 2k miles on it.

It's entirely possible that an E is lighter than a C. I once gashed open a sidewall on my load range E dually tire, it was about 1/8" thick. LOL. The load range is only about carrying capacity at a given PSI, nothing to do with sidewall thickness. While crawling, I also gashed a sidewall on a Toyo mt that was a C, it was at least twice the thickness of the E.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that 35x11.5R17 looks like an interesting size, I just don’t want that Nitto Trail Grappler. The narrower tread might be better on fuel and better in snow. With a new truck I shouldn’t be buying tires for a while anyway.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if their website is accurate, but Discount Tire states the BFG KO2 E is a little lighter than the C. Kind of counterintuitive. The E is also $30 higher than the C. They actually recognized my tire warranty from the factory and charged me very little for the new tire. I think it only had 2k miles on it.
Tire Rack shows them both weighing 65 lbs.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if their website is accurate, but Discount Tire states the BFG KO2 E is a little lighter than the C.
Tire Rack shows them both weighing 65 lbs.
BFGoodrich.com shows the C at 64.4 lbs and the E at 64.68 lbs. There's basically no difference in weight, but the E is ever so slightly heavier (according to the manufacturer, that is).

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm running 35x12.5x17 KO2's and they are load range E. That said, i'm running them on all 4 corners, not just 1/4. So far so good.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually this is wrong. All large rock crawling tires are C range as the sidewall is more flexible and grips the rocks better. A softer side wall also enlarges the contact patch. I do a lot of rock crawling in Moab with my Jeep that has 40" tires, KMs C range. I have only had one issue with a sidewall, and the new KO2s have a much stronger sidewall than my old KMs. Ford worked for a couple of years with BFG to develop that tire. In 35s that is the only one that has a C range. It gives a better ride, and is better off road. Get them to change it back for the correct one. They should have known that Raptors take that special tire.

Key here is rock CRAWLING, high speed and you hit a rock on the side of the trail you definitely want Es
There is not one tire that is best for everything, ko2 c have the best comfort but they are not durable. Es last way longer and you can get a similar ride by airing them down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree. One of the main things to keep a tire from cutting (other than not hitting something) is to air down. I have done probably 25,000 miles off road, and I do not drive slow, and not had a problem. But I almost always air down if I am off road (even a reasonably rough gravel road). Think of a balloon full of air. ***** it a little with a needle and it will pop. A balloon that is soft will deflect when you try to pop it. If the sidewall can deflect instead of resist, it probably will not get cut. My 2 cents and you can disagree, that is OK.

I had to run E on my 2 door Jeep because Ko2s in 37" only come in E (at that time, I don't know about now). And yes, I ran them under-inflated to help the ride. I checked the load table with the weight of the Jeep and I could run at freeway speeds at 18 psi according to the chart. They were that stiff. I usually ran them at 24 psi on the road.