Load Range E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I won’t run E load rated tires on anything but a diesel.
I replaced my OEM tires with E rated with virtually no difference in ride quality at 38 PSI. They are tougher off-road, and more flat-resistant.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I replaced my OEM tires with E rated with virtually no difference in ride quality at 38 PSI. They are tougher off-road, and more flat-resistant.
Wow. I had a set of stock size E Continentals on mine for a while. The ride was absolutely horrible, even aired down to 25 psi.
Gonna have to call BS on you running an E tire at 38 and not noticing a difference in ride, sorry.

Doubledown

Reaction score
I switched to the E rated KO2 8k miles ago. No noticeable difference other than they seem to run a little stiff when cold but that goes away after driving for a few minutes. No issues at all now that the weather is warm. I run 38psi. They also performed great off-road at Durhamtown in GA. You may have a hard time finding the C rated ones. They were unavailable through Costco for some time. I ended up going to NTB. I also filed a claim with Michelin/BF Goodrich since mine wore out at 22k. They gave me 25% off a new set.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I switched to the E rated KO2 8k miles ago. No noticeable difference other than they seem to run a little stiff when cold but that goes away after driving for a few minutes. No issues at all now that the weather is warm. I run 38psi. They also performed great off-road at Durhamtown in GA. You may have a hard time finding the C rated ones. They were unavailable through Costco for some time. I ended up going to NTB. I also filed a claim with Michelin/BF Goodrich since mine wore out at 22k. They gave me 25% off a new set.

Other knock on D/E rated rubber is it’s typically much heavier than a similarly sized C rated tire - not sure if that’s the case w/ the K02s or not

I would be interested in running an E rated tire that was similar weight to the factory K02s so I could
Get the benefit of the durability of the E rated w/o the negative drop in acceleration/mpg/braking

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I had a set of stock size E Continentals on mine for a while. The ride was absolutely horrible, even aired down to 25 psi.
Gonna have to call BS on you running an E tire at 38 and not noticing a difference in ride, sorry.
Those were continentals, not Yokohama Geolander G003 MTs. Continentals on a Raptor, really? LOL

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plus if you hit the dirt and hit any rocks you will wish you had 10ply.
Actually this is wrong. All large rock crawling tires are C range as the sidewall is more flexible and grips the rocks better. A softer side wall also enlarges the contact patch. I do a lot of rock crawling in Moab with my Jeep that has 40" tires, KMs C range. I have only had one issue with a sidewall, and the new KO2s have a much stronger sidewall than my old KMs. Ford worked for a couple of years with BFG to develop that tire. In 35s that is the only one that has a C range. It gives a better ride, and is better off road. Get them to change it back for the correct one. They should have known that Raptors take that special tire.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually this is wrong. All large rock crawling tires are C range as the sidewall is more flexible and grips the rocks better. A softer side wall also enlarges the contact patch. I do a lot of rock crawling in Moab with my Jeep that has 40" tires, KMs C range. I have only had one issue with a sidewall, and the new KO2s have a much stronger sidewall than my old KMs. Ford worked for a couple of years with BFG to develop that tire. In 35s that is the only one that has a C range. It gives a better ride, and is better off road. Get them to change it back for the correct one. They should have known that Raptors take that special tire.

Toyo makes some 315/70 tires in C load range, ATIII, MT, and RT. Others that would work on a stock truck and are C load are the 35x12.5R17 Goodyear MT/R and the 35x11.5R17 Nitto Trail Grappler.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/toyo-tire-open-country-a-t-iii/p/88598

https://www.toyotires.com/tire-finder/size/315-70-r17/

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-mtr-kevlar/sizes-specs

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/trail-grappler-mud-terrain-light-truck-tire/

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be easier to break down the tire and swap the TPMS rather than to have to program the additional sensor on each rotation. On second thought, a full set of sensors is only $60 on Amazon. Verify the part number works on the Raptor, this is what I got searching for Ford TPMS.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0034ROE76/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Guys...the Raptor does NOT need reprogramming of TPMS. As you change positions of tires the Raptor relearns. I do a six tire rotation and after a few miles all of the corners are correct.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to say BFG tires, not other brands. You are correct. I happen to like BFG tires, they have served me well, and don’t know a lot about other brands.

OP
OP
Clinsta

Clinsta

Reaction score
Not sure if their website is accurate, but Discount Tire states the BFG KO2 E is a little lighter than the C. Kind of counterintuitive. The E is also $30 higher than the C. They actually recognized my tire warranty from the factory and charged me very little for the new tire. I think it only had 2k miles on it.