Load Bars for Factory Retractable Hard Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheMachinist

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I have the retractable "roll up" style bed cover that was a factory option when ordering the truck. I'd like to get a pair of load bars to mount in the t slots, just not 100% sure what model/brand cover this is? Ford has its logo on it, not sure if it's a retrax and what model, or something else. Just looking for a clean set of load bars so I can mount skis on top of the bed. Unfortunately me and my wife's skis do not fit well inside of the bed itself, they have to go in diagonally and really make the remaining space super awkward.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I have the retractable "roll up" style bed cover that was a factory option when ordering the truck. I'd like to get a pair of load bars to mount in the t slots, just not 100% sure what model/brand cover this is? Ford has its logo on it, not sure if it's a retrax and what model, or something else. Just looking for a clean set of load bars so I can mount skis on top of the bed. Unfortunately me and my wife's skis do not fit well inside of the bed itself, they have to go in diagonally and really make the remaining space super awkward.
I believe it is Retrax, but I don't think the brand matters for load bars. You will just need to look at the ski rack brands like maybe Yakima or Thule. They make the racks that slide into the rails of the bed cover.

OP
OP
TheMachinist

TheMachinist

Reaction score
Thanks,
I'm just worried about the slot to slot distance, I don't see it listed on some of these load bars, just compatability by cover brand and model. Guess I'll have to measure it and try to match it to one of the retrax models. Just figured someone might know it off the bat.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
I'm just worried about the slot to slot distance, I don't see it listed on some of these load bars, just compatability by cover brand and model. Guess I'll have to measure it and try to match it to one of the retrax models. Just figured someone might know it off the bat.
Cross bars are adjustable width. I have had quite a few brands through the years and they all adjust except for the Voodoo. I recommend Yakima and they have the option on their site to get the t slot mounts for bed covers.