GEN 2 Load a 450lb motorcycle - how

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m too scared to load my bike in the bed. Especially since I didn’t have anyone to help me at the time.

Wheel chock at the front really helps to stabilize the bike.

View attachment 141219

View attachment 141221

I have no qualms with with loading it onto the truck bed.

I wonder how I can include a wheel chock if I end up closing the tailgate and loading it diagonally. Could probably have my local metalsmith fabricate a right angle wheel chock?
There are plenty of options if I leave the tailgate open.

Nice Ducati by the way!

I'm still wondering how you get into your car everyday with that display photo :)

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I load my BMW f 850 ds Adventure. It is 100% safe. Just need to tight in proper places. 4 ponts. 2 front on shock absorber, and 2 on foot pegs. Dont need the rear to be tight down, just to avoid not to go left or right on bad roads. I have my truck to carry my bike. Usually the 300 cc 2t Husqvarna, but sometimes the BMW alsob51132421d68299a301ab1491bce7ccc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

nice pair of bikes!
the f850 GSA is one of the motorcycles I'm considering

thanks for the reassuring thought

when I used to trailer my enduro bikes - I would strap onto the forks like you and instead of the pegs, I would loop a strap around the rear tire so that it doesn't move
something to try...

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and two ramp. And a helper. I would not try with the help of engine.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

a helper would depend on the ramp design
some are like ladders - spaced out rungs
maybe fine for ATVs but not my preference for motorcycles
its like rock climbing - why would you put yourself through all that stress
if I end up with a rung-style ramp - I'll plate it with a plank or sandpaper

but with a flat surface ramp, I think clutch and throttle while walking it up on at least 8 foot ramp is fine

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no qualms with with loading it onto the truck bed.

I wonder how I can include a wheel chock if I end up closing the tailgate and loading it diagonally. Could probably have my local metalsmith fabricate a right angle wheel chock?
There are plenty of options if I leave the tailgate open.

Nice Ducati by the way!

I'm still wondering how you get into your car everyday with that display photo :)

Thanks, I gotta get my bike out soon.

Haha I drive in nose first now. Easy to get out of the driver's side.

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until you have been laying under a GSXR1000 in your drive way at 4:30 in the morning when it is 20 degrees outside because your ramp broke the tie down and slipped on the ice you will never have a full appreciation for these. https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/fords-f150-stowable-loading-ramps/. They are THE BEST accessory I have for the truck. When I am dog as tired from riding for 10 hours in the desert and want to load a 385 pound bike in the back with ZERO effort I would gladly pay way more than the 500.00..... One drop of the bike or slipped ramp makes 500 bucks seem cheap... Look everyone on here owns a 60k plus truck and if you want to cheap out on difference between 200 in regular ****** ramps and 500 in something awesome be my guest but as soon as you scratch your truck or drop your bike and you spend 1K minimum to fix anything, that extra 300 bones for good ramps will seem cheap as hell....

thats cold and painful!
that appendage and orifice attachment at the tailgate really looks secure

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending upon the angle of your driveway, the easiest method is to park in the street w/ the ramps back in the driveway, thus reducing the angle. My driveway is flat, but the enpty lot next to my house allows me to back up and the ramps are almost parallel. You can almost always find a land feature nearby that you can use to reduce the ramp angle. Drainage ditches also work well. Work smarter, not harder.

Yeah good point
Thought of that and I'm sure I'll find some hill to off load when im in the mountains or valley area

Alas, gentrified neighborhoods and sea-level geography yield very little opportunities

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want`t to go in the bed, this is what my brother used for his BSA Vintage flat tracker

9. Black Widow MCC-600 Steel Motorcycle Carrier Review
41s6NsN0qvL.jpg

Here comes another one from Black Widow! This is a premium motorcycle which comes packed with a list of premium features. It has a maximum load capacity of 600lbs, making it the perfect carrier for the heaviest motorcycle, scooter or dirt bike you can imagine.

Sturdiness gets the center-stage in this carrier. It boasts of heavy-duty steel construction for maximum strength and durability. It also features a corrosion-free powder coating which further extends its lifespan. Which makes it way better than black widow amc-400 model.

Another fantastic thing about this top-of-the-line carrier is the superior security it grants your bike during transport.

It presents you with anti-tilt brackets plus motorcycle stabilizing tie-down points plus 7-position adjustable wheel stop—all of which work closely to stop your bike from shaking and wobbling around during, no matter what speed you're driving at or the condition of the road.

Assembling and installing this carrier is a breeze! You might not even need to look at the instructions to figure out how to set it up.

With the extra-long loading ramp (measuring 71 inches long), you'll have a smooth experience loading your bike into the carrier…without hurting your bike. When not in use, the ramp stores compactly on the carrier.

Highlighted Features:

• Maximum carrying capacity: 600lbs
  • For use with wheels up to 8 inches
  • Features anti-rattle device
  • Adjustable wheel lock for max. security
  • Durable, powder-coated steel construction
  • Designed for Class III or IV hitch receivers
  • Features extra-long 71" loading ramp