GEN 2 Load a 450lb motorcycle - how

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would fit. I would have to guess you would need a 6-foot bed for it to fit. My brother has a GMC with a six and a half foot bed and his just fits. the overall length of my 790 is approximately 87" and that's from the tip of the front tire all the way to the outer edge of the rear tire, not axle to axle.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to measure my bed but I have 2 37's in the chase rack and it's really hard in the garage to try to measure it accurately.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking if I'm lucky, diagonally with the tailgate up.
It tailgate down with the factory extender.

I'm considering a 2020 Africa Twin as well.
Friend picked up the high end version in manual. Great bike.

I've got a nice trailer but would really prefer not to haul it it I can load my pick up bed.
I read your thread (whispers: and I agree with you, could've been 1300).

Nice bikes.

Do you only if your 790 will fit diagonally with the tailgate up?
I cannot find online what length the 790 adventure r is. Even stupid ktm.com doesn't mention this.

How'd you get them up there?
Ramp?

Yeah, definitely securing ramps to car frame. I've seen those YouTube videos lol.
I can’t put my kid’s Raptor powerwheels back there with the tailgate up. Part of that is the bakflip mx4. It stops it like 6” from the front. The bike tire might go under.
Mines the 2017 DCT So I’d have trouble walking it up a ramp too. Luckily I’ve got nowhere to go...

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t put my kid’s Raptor powerwheels back there with the tailgate up. Part of that is the bakflip mx4. It stops it like 6” from the front. The bike tire might go under.
Mines the 2017 DCT So I’d have trouble walking it up a ramp too. Luckily I’ve got nowhere to go...

Do you mean because the top of the cover protrudes from the front of the truck, essentially reducing bed length?

If so, not an issue because I think I can easily remove my UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau.

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would you?

I haven't decided on one yet, but it'll be an adventure bike around this the weight.

At this point, I'm keen on a ktm 790 adventure R. Or similar from competitors.

The question is how to safely get it on and how to strap or down.

What are you gents doing?

I'm considering a folding atv ramp because they're wider and can stow it in the back. And something 12 feet the to reduce the incline.

I lined my pick up bed with BedRug Impact Bedliner and don't recall if there are any hook points. Should be some. Are they solid?

Would like to haul it in the bed for a couple of hundred miles.

Just looking for ideas.

Thanks.

Get these https://www.fordpartsonsale.com/oem...MIz4DHvf3e6AIVjpOzCh0JGQarEAQYBCABEgITGfD_BwE

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/load-a-450lb-motorcycle-how.75336/

I have them for my Raptor and I put my 450 RFR in there all the time and it weighs 385 with fuel, They are pricey, but the are the BEST THING EVER for loading dirbikes, I have been loading bikes since the mid 80's and I am really short so I walk up one ramp and use the other for the bike, trust me on this one SPEND THE MONEY ON THESE!!!! They are the number 1 accessory I have for the Raptor