Llumar Air/IRX window tint and inside temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I did Llumar IRX as well… windshield made a huge difference!

I can’t remember the degree of tint, but the ceramic does the trick. They advised going darker wouldn’t make a difference in heat. So I only went enough to make it hard to tell what’s inside the back. Vegas traffic - gotta see those crazies before changing lanes!

I was sold on the chart showing the amount of the different aspects of the spectrum blocked.

Owner is also a friend, so I got it a little cheaper than $900
Where did you get the tint done locally? Looking to get my windshield done

Jester777z

Reaction score
Where did you get the tint done locally? Looking to get my windshield done
Sorry, just saw this.
I got it done at Glassy Business Window Tint. 8840 W Russell Rd just off 215. They do a ton of vehicles, but also business/residential window tinting.

Little Jimmy has a Raptor, Big Jimmy has a F250 Tremor. Both tricked out.
Not sure how they are with prices, as he is an acquaintance of mine from 10 years ago… but they do an excellent job, and back up their work. The clear windshield I got is more than a third of the total, so doing something different there is ab option.

Sure does help, that ceramic!

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you have the availability but I recently had to replace my front windshield due to a big rock. I originally had Ceramic but upgraded to 3M Crystalline. Ceramic was a huge improvement but Crystalline is a whole other level. Crystalline is 97% Heat Rejection. For comparison, Ceramic is around 60%.

Get the windshield in Crystalline and side windows in Ceramic to save a buck. But if you go full Crystalline your truck will be ice cold.

Edit: Also, supposedly there will be less issues with radio signals and such when compared to ceramic