Llumar Air/IRX window tint and inside temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jester777z

Reaction score
I did Llumar IRX as well… windshield made a huge difference!

I can’t remember the degree of tint, but the ceramic does the trick. They advised going darker wouldn’t make a difference in heat. So I only went enough to make it hard to tell what’s inside the back. Vegas traffic - gotta see those crazies before changing lanes!

I was sold on the chart showing the amount of the different aspects of the spectrum blocked.

Owner is also a friend, so I got it a little cheaper than $900

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I overpaid but maybe not, paid around $900 in SoCal for IRX all around including moonroof and air80 windshield. Double the price of non ceramic but definitely worth it when in AZ in 110+

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did Llumar IRX as well… windshield made a huge difference!

I can’t remember the degree of tint, but the ceramic does the trick. They advised going darker wouldn’t make a difference in heat. So I only went enough to make it hard to tell what’s inside the back. Vegas traffic - gotta see those crazies before changing lanes!

I was sold on the chart showing the amount of the different aspects of the spectrum blocked.

Owner is also a friend, so I got it a little cheaper than $900
Exactly and the advice of not having to go darker to block the heat is excellent advice. I need to see crazy people here changing lanes also, so I only went slightly darker on the important windows and kept it all CA legal.

I bet it someone did the entire truck in Air80 they would have the same heat blocking as if you went with a darker tint for sure. When I picked up my truck and drove it home, we passed through Zion and Vegas, and the heat coming from the Pano Roof was unreal. So the installer also advised lowering your seat as low as possible, so you are not sitting in the heat.

So Cal is expensive for everything, believe it or not $900 was my lowest quote but also from a guy who's been doing it for 30 years. He does all the Porsche cars in my buddies club, so I knew he could handle the raptor. It was a good match of expertise and price. PM me if anyone needs his details in So Cal.

I did Line-X Premium on the bed and wheel wells, and it was about $900 for that also. Those two are the best $$ I've spent on this truck, especially the tint. Hopefully more members read this and take the advice, especially since you don't need to lose visibility to get the protection. My AC knob hasn't passed 3/6 since I got it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not nearly as bad as I would have guessed. Will definitely look into. Looks good BTW.
Thanks. Everything is more expensive in CA but the guy who did my truck also does the vehicles on the TV show Overhaulin so I feel like he was going to change a bit more. It was however the cheapest quote here in So Cal lol

blue22raptor

Reaction score
I also did ceramic tint on my truck. Llumar IRX Film, 15% Fronts, 30% rears and Strata 50% windshield. Made a huge difference! Also paid around $800 but did not do the pano roof!
Actually, the darker tints can lead to more heat gain, as the dark windows actually transfer more head. The lighter tints can have better heat rejection, simply by being lighter colored!
They had a sample board at the shop that showed the amount of heat rejection and some of the lighter films actually performed better! Just FYI...

blue22raptor

Reaction score
Truck still gets plenty hot, sitting in the sun with the engine off, but the AC def cools down the truck more quickly, and you can turn the fan speed down lower than normal, to maintain your comfort!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also did ceramic tint on my truck. Llumar IRX Film, 15% Fronts, 30% rears and Strata 50% windshield. Made a huge difference! Also paid around $800 but did not do the pano roof!
Actually, the darker tints can lead to more heat gain, as the dark windows actually transfer more head. The lighter tints can have better heat rejection, simply by being lighter colored!
They had a sample board at the shop that showed the amount of heat rejection and some of the lighter films actually performed better! Just FYI...
“as the dark windows actually transfer more head”…I’ll have dark windows all around please!