Livernoise Camshaft Kit - feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But here is one fundamental issue I have. They will not tell anyone the cam specs. So we have no idea what was done. My truck did well on 1000 miles of trails this far. But the changes are not like adding a super charger so dont expect a kick in the pants.

I did the cams and race heads as I run 37s and we run high desert so making up for power drag.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Misfire code can also be a weak Coil On Plug. Once you squeeze the engine a little harder, the weak link shows up.
Check coils and wires.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not really the defining expense though. The cams themselves aren't all that expensive to make so it sounds like they're just price gouging and there's not enough competition in the market like the LS world. Too bad.
Did you just really say, that the cams aren’t expensive to make?
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But here is one fundamental issue I have. They will not tell anyone the cam specs. So we have no idea what was done. My truck did well on 1000 miles of trails this far. But the changes are not like adding a super charger so dont expect a kick in the pants.

I did the cams and race heads as I run 37s and we run high desert so making up for power drag.
So
They should spend time and money developing cam profiles that maximize HP/Tq/drivability
And then just tell everyone what they are?
That’s not how the world works.

Fundamentally, that’s EXACTLY how the world works. Trade secrets.
Coke doesn’t list the recipe
KFC doesn’t list the recipe
Time and money was spent to develop those.
Get real.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So
They should spend time and money developing cam profiles that maximize HP/Tq/drivability
And then just tell everyone what they are?
That’s not how the world works.

Fundamentally, that’s EXACTLY how the world works. Trade secrets.
Coke doesn’t list the recipe
KFC doesn’t list the recipe
Time and money was spent to develop those.
Get real.

Do you really not get it.
None of those are the same you posted. Look at other cam makers from exotics to domestic. They list the specs to show the changes and how to measure the gains. If there was a maker that really wanted to copy these they would get a set, measure them and copy. Small market so posting what they are is more beneficial then not.

What is we measure these and find there is no change. Doubt that but not stating changes can lead to questions.

And I can pull all BMW cam l profiles for stock and all manufactures and the same for Mustangs.

Troll a different thread or buy the setup and let us know what you think of it.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a conversation with Greg Foutz about the original Raptor R that he built for ford to race the 1000. The original cams were made by MMR. These are the same cams as the Livernois cams.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a conversation with Greg Foutz about the original Raptor R that he built for ford to race the 1000. The original cams were made by MMR. These are the same cams as the Livernois cams.

Are you sure about that, don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying MMR didn't or doesn't make the cams.
And I understand MMR was involved with the Raptor R
And they make cams for the Mustangs in three stages,
Stage 1 is for stock engine, 2 & 3 are for pistons and/or heads modified engines.

I was told a different story from a few different places, never talked to MMR.
And you know how that goes, get it straight from the horses month. LOL

I called SVT before it was renamed to Ford Racing and was going to buy the racing cams for the Raptor.

They told me I can buy the cams but they won't fit on the production H.O. 6.2L
They said the Raptor R had special one off heads made to make the Raptor R produce 500+ HP at the crank naturally aspirated.
They also commented that is was quite a bit more than 500 HP at the crank.

Back in Dec. 2010 a month after receiving my truck.
I was very disappointed with the power and was seriously considering getting rid of it.

Then I read about Livernois making/or having cams, I called them up and picked their brain,
and they confirmed to me the Raptor R had special cams and heads.
I did find out through them that Supercharger kits are being made. :)
I did now about the Procharger but learned Henessey screwed all that up.
I then called Whipple and Roush
Wound up going with Whipple, pre ordered 5/2011

Last edited:

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure about that, don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying MMR didn't or doesn't make the cams.
And I understand MMR was involved with the Raptor R
And they make cams for the Mustangs in three stages,
Stage 1 is for stock engine, 2 & 3 are for pistons and/or heads modified engines.

I was told a different story from a few different places, never talked to MMR.
And you know how that goes, get it straight from the horses month. LOL

I called SVT before it was renamed to Ford Racing and was going to by the racing cams for the Raptor.

They told me I can buy the cams but they won't fit on the production H.O. 6.2L
They said the Raptor R had special one off heads made to make the Raptor R produce 500+ HP at the crank naturally aspirated.
They also commented that is was quite a bit more than 500 HP at the crank.

Back in Dec. 2010 a month after receiving my truck.
I was very disappointed with the power and was seriously considering getting rid of it.
Then I read about Livernois making cams, I called them up and picked their brain,
and they confirmed to me the Raptor R had special cams and heads.
I did find out through them that Supercharger kits are being made. :)
I then called Procharger, Whipple and Roush
Wound up going with Whipple, pre ordered 5/2011

Raptor R cams are different and do not work on the production heads. That is still true. The changes made to the cams to work with the stock heads had to be reduction in lift and duration. But what % I like to know.

So far the change i noticeable as you break the heads. Truck is also a LOT LOUDER.