Livernoise Camshaft Kit - feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently I have installed the above mod to my Raptor at the dealership. My truck has SW full long tube exhaust system with AFE stage 2 CAI

The truck power/torgue increased no doubt especially after 3500 rpms; however few things to note:

1- lots of vibrations at idle , and i'm luving it :D

2- Exhuast became even louder than before, would not pass any db tests.

3- I'm getting this error (engine signal) P0300 in the ECU which is "Random Misfire Detected" , dealer informed me that it is due to the cams not positioned as per the OEM part; thus causing the sensor to detect a faulty position... can anyone share thier thoughts or someone from Livernoise can explain this?

I clear this error using the SCT Tuner , then it appears again after few hundred miles.

4- I had the installation delayed for a week due to cam phasers lock out parts shipped wrongly (this is the most critical part of the kit); pls see attached cam phaser pic difference between what is needed to be installed in the camphaser

Post installation , you could tell that the engine is breathing.. hence vibration at idle

bottom line, this kit is the best mod so far... I just want to know if the faulty error msg "Random Misfire detected" in ECU is expected

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 285

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am no expert - I have had random misfires as well after having work done and a header install. I replaced all spark plugs and added insulated plug wires. Of course I had the tuner check to see what cylinder(s) were misfire and check fuel tables, etc... Basically a custom tune and adjustments right after the mods. This was on my Vette not my Raptor.

I have learned look for the simple solution and work from there, it could be a lose plug wire as well or damaged plug.

Others with more knowledge please chime in....

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am no expert - I have had random misfires as well after having work done and a header install. I replaced all spark plugs and added insulated plug wires. Of course I had the tuner check to see what cylinder(s) were misfire and check fuel tables, etc... Basically a custom tune and adjustments right after the mods. This was on my Vette not my Raptor.

I have learned look for the simple solution and work from there, it could be a lose plug wire as well or damaged plug.

Others with more knowledge please chime in....

I was getting P0300 after camming my CTS-V, the tuner forgot to adjust a few tables. Once he fixed the tune it was good to go.

Hope your issue is as simple.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Supercharger guys are having problems with Long Tubes as well especially with SW LT Headers they are not optomized for the Raptor just made for it so the O2's are not reading correctly. Put that cam on top of that and you're going have problems.

You're going to Need a Custom Tune!!!!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have assumed a custom tune would have been done, but I agree a custom tune and some dyno time is a must....

The engine misfire is a tricky one. It drove me crazy sense it was intermittent.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would give Livernois a call and see what they say. I am looking to go either the Livernois cam kit or the Ford Motorsport Raptor R this winter. Need to do a little research first on both.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me make it easier for you.

The raptor r aint gonna work with out some head/piston work. Your best bet is the livernois sticks and associated gear.

Bryson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is awesome keep us posted!!

When this is all done I will need a video!!!

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if any of the guys who wrote this are still on here, but any updates?

how are the cams working out? worth going that way? would you get the heads done too?