Livernois Tune PROBLEMS. DO NOT BUY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorDude101

Reaction score
My experience with Livernois has been just terrible. I tuned my 2018 Raptor with less than 15,000 miles on it with the Livernois High Performance Tune (with the MyCalibrator device). After LESS than 1,000 miles my exhaust stats blowing grey smoke. What is it? A completely destroyed turbo, oil leakage throughout the engine and destroyed pistons & cylinders. All of this due to the excessive pressure and strain from the Livernois Motorsports Tune.

Update 1 month later:
I now add a new part to the destruction caused by the Livernois Tune, the catalytic converters. This is just another $1500+ in parts that I have had to assume due to their faulty performance tune. They don't answer any emails from me now and never owned up to any responsibility. Its disappointing to see such terrible costumer service from an American company, I have never experienced this in the US before.

Please save yourself a lot of money, time, and regret and DON'T buy their tune. Go somewhere else! My truck was flawless and had just had everything revised prior to the tune.

I hope this saves someone else from the damages I have to pay for and I hope someone at Livernois sees this and reaches out to compensate for all the crap I have been through due to their bad tune.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry you're having such problems. That said, it sounds like you may have been running it a bit too hard.

How many oil changes have you done? What oil did you use?

Have you done any towing with it?

How about running at WOT for long periods of time?

What fuel are you running in it?

Were you getting any knock retard in the timing numbers? What's that? You have no idea because you never bother to monitor engine vitals, even when tuned?

Like I said, sorry you're having issues, but from what you're listed so far, that isn't a bad tune, its a bad operator or loose nut on the steering wheel/gas pedal.

Go ahead and post up your Livernois tune file so people with a clue can review it for details.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many moons ago I had a Livernois tune on my 2011 Ecoboost F150. Their tune was kind of mild compared to some of the other tunes on the market.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone think for a second. Loose nut are you partially to blame. First thing it's a tune written by humans, can they make a mistake, of course. Are you as the person who installed the tune responsible of course. Did you not see the signs hear the signs your having issues and waited for a catastrophic failure. As the man once said sometimes **** happens. I think this is where the tune company chimes in and gives a full refund to find out what went wrong and get the tunes back. They don't want this to happen anymore than you do. Now if loose nuts call screaming that's Noway to get a positive outcome. All parties involved should take a step back and examine what happened and not worry about who is to blame. Loose nuts are frustrated that is obvious but if you really want to help the situation and others work to solve the problem and try not throwing more gasoline on the fire...... I'm just saying...

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 posts. both only to bash LME. Sorry man but I have to take the word of a company that's been around for a couple of decades over anything you say. And this is coming from another Raptor newbie.

I'm Goosetuned fwiw.
Not even in the market for a tune myself and this was the first thing I noticed. 2 posts....

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yaaaaaa

Livernois has a pretty solid reputation. Their tunes usually perform pretty well but are certainly not the most aggressive out there. When you tune a vehicle you roll the dice - sometimes it's just bad luck. If you've approached them anything like your posts here I can understand why they don't bother to deal with you.

The cat failure isn't surprising given the extent of the damage but without a proper tear down the failure cause is just a guess. It could be detonation from bad fuel, ran the high octane tune with low octane fuel, not terribly likely but a turbo failure could conceivably send junk into the motor, a piston or rod that wasn't up to ***** let go etc...

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fact is, their SHO tunes are horrible. Not so sure about the rear wheel drive ecoboost tunes.

Fact is also, no after market company spends as much time and money on R&D as the manufacturer and the manufacturer still gets it wrong from time to time. Any time you decide to modify a vehicle there are risks and you take that chance/responsibility.

Spdrcrj

Reaction score
Fact is, their SHO tunes are horrible. Not so sure about the rear wheel drive ecoboost tunes.

Fact is also, no after market company spends as much time and money on R&D as the manufacturer and the manufacturer still gets it wrong from time to time. Any time you decide to modify a vehicle there are risks and you take that chance/responsibility.
#facts