Livernois Head/Cam Package power loss confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They were designed for NA for the 2010 1/2 Raptor R,
But the one 2010 1/2 Raptor R that ran the Baja 1000 had even higher lift cams and required modified heads.
True HP numbers are still somewhat of a secret, but it's well north of 500 at the crank

Any extra air and fuel mix is just a big bonus for the supercharger.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Superchargers work well with NA cam specs. Optimizing a turbo setup is when cams start to get really different from NA due to having pressure in the exhaust manifold.

OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
thoughts on injectors for this build? i was looking at fuel injector clinic injectors in either 775cc or 1000cc. plan is to run the stock size pulley and at most maybe the 3.375 pulley.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! The money spent on heads and cams will benefit from that! Should Be a lot more efficient too!

OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
so as expected the install of the whipple on a super duty is a little more complicated. the shop has said whipple has been very helpful though on the differences.

OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
so the whipple is installed in the truck and the fuel injector data is set. just working on getting the truck running right to get on the dyno. im sure the shop is annoyed by me since i am impatient when it comes to mods.

OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
so i got bad news on this build. the whipple is coming off. Tuning seems to be a nightmare with the version of copperhead that my truck has. my shop couldnt get the truck to idle and the ford tb data for the gt500 made the idle worse. We reached out to 5 star and they said that it was out of their wheel house and didnt think it was possible. Palm beach dyno who my shop has worked with before said good luck with the ecu version i have. So it seems like livernois is the only place that can do it so, i will be removing everything and will be putting the whipple up for sale. thinking it will be priced at 5k plus shipping. so its a shame but im not shipping my truck to livernois to wait weeks.

i will say whipple and fic have been very helpful but there is only so much they could do. i think the next truck will be one that has real aftermarket support.