Livernois Head/Cam Package power loss confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
guess the guy i was talking to then didnt understand that the truck would be staying N/a for awhile and was a daily driver/tow vehicle.
I'm going to have to look and see if I can find one of their first videos when the Gen 1's came out, it was a blue livernois raptor screaming through the desert, man it sounded sick and they were advertising hp numbers, but I can remember if it was their video or a customer.

OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
when i spoke with livernois both before and after they told me even with it being N/A there would be gains. The shop that did the install and i are both fine with livernois remote tuning the truck with their software. the shop said they can send over data logging files and is willing to work with livernois on the issue because they are disappointed as well. the one issue might be that my truck is tuned using HP tuners software and im not sure if Livernois can use the data files.

OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
still no call from livernois. did confirm that the combustion chambers are not ported. They guy i spoke with was concerned about the power loss but said i would need to talk to a calibrator for help.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope you saved your OEM Stock Tune and hopefully HPTuner won't corrupt the file.
I don't like HPtuner for Tuning a Gen1 Raptor, I hear too many times that it doesn't work.

OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
yes but a stock tune is useless with these cams/heads although right now so are the heads and cams. there were no issues with the hp tune on the truck, pulled the camper 1000 miles last year and was fine daily driving.

OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
Still no update from livernois. Even messaged them on here. Guess it doesn't matter since they got the money. Might be easier to take these heads off and sell the.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Phone them yourself, not your tuner and ask them straight up, if they can help you or not. It's the new way of doing business these days, the customer has to do all the leg work, not the business anymore.