Livernois Head/Cam Package power loss confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
we might have figured out another option to get this to work on the truck but for now the truck is going back to n/a. the one option we found is using a stock tb. this does mean giving up some power but then we dont run into tuning issues. the tables needed to use the gt500 tb dont exist in my truck but if we go with the stock size that is not an issue. This would be a similar setup to the vmp loki kits for the 2015-17 mustang gt.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Livernois won't do a remote tuning with your shop?
They have done it the past, even with JDM, using the SCT file format.

I'm a little confused as to why you wouldn't use the Livernois's Tune with their handheld device.
I understand about sending the truck to them,
but they have sold their kits without having the truck in their shop, granted they were all Raptors.
I surprised to see that an F250's PCM software would be that much different in engine management,
compared to the Raptor.

I don't want to sound like a broken record,
but HP Tuners never had a stable reliable Tune for the Whipple on a Raptor, meaning 6.2L

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
When i talked to livernois about the cams issue i had they told me they dont do remote tuning. truck needs to be at their shop for tuning.
there are differences in the tables and software, like my truck is flex fuel capable, factory has different cam profile, there are some others as well but i dont remember off the top of my head
As far as HP tuners goes the truck has been tuned with that software for 3 years and has not had an issue. the tables missing is due to a lack of demand. I could reach out to HP tuners and see if they can update the software with the tables needed if they are available in the software. there was also parts changes for 2016 6.2 one being the tb. A 2016 will not work on a 2014.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I kind of get it that they need the truck in hand since it would be a one-off Tune for them.
Sucks, all that time wasted and no results.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do moving forward.

OP
OP
A

akley88

Reaction score
speaking to several tuners the issue for tuning is the tb and all of the tables that are needed for the GT500 tb to work. all of the torque tables are effected by these tb based tables. the gt500 also uses different tps vs my truck. we believe that we might be able to get the whipple running with the stock tb since all the needed tables are there and would only need some modification. i also know tuning for boost is possible since i have a friend with a remote turbo charged 250 6.2. the other issue is we ran up against a time constraint. camping/summer work season is started and i need the truck. going to take a break till the end of camping/hunting season and then take another stab at this. the good news is we did figure out a lot of the install differences between the raptor and the 250. i did reach back out to livernois again to see if they would do remote tuning, so i will see what they say
For now the next thing i need to do is get new tires. going up to 37x12.5r18s. looking at the falken wildpeak at3w

myersroofer614

Reaction score
Wow, I'm in Detroit and was about to use Livernois for stage 1, engine has 100k n want new head work, I'm glad I read this.. JLT CAI, JDM Tune, and valve job on factory heads sound better choice by Diamond Fab.. I ve read valve springs are a weak point on these 6.2. want to freshen them up .
Anyone use JLT cai ?
Yes!! Diamond is the best I know in Detroit! If you want to go fast, you go see Diamond!! Lol. 2 bad he's months out all the time. That's what comes with should though

myersroofer614

Reaction score
Wow, I'm in Detroit and was about to use Livernois for stage 1, engine has 100k n want new head work, I'm glad I read this.. JLT CAI, JDM Tune, and valve job on factory heads sound better choice by Diamond Fab.. I ve read valve springs are a weak point on these 6.2. want to freshen them up .
Anyone use JLT cai ?
Yes!! Diamond is the best I know in Detroit! If you want to go fast, you go see Diamond!! Lol. 2 bad he's months out all the time. That's what comes with should

myersroofer614

Reaction score
thoughts on injectors for this build? i was looking at fuel injector clinic injectors in either 775cc or 1000cc. plan is to run the stock size pulley and at most maybe the 3.375 pulley.
I know Soler Performance is making me a 90mm TB right now to test. I'm going 52lb/hr injectors. I'm trying to get the LMS heads n cams off a guy on marketplace right now

myersroofer614

Reaction score
speaking to several tuners the issue for tuning is the tb and all of the tables that are needed for the GT500 tb to work. all of the torque tables are effected by these tb based tables. the gt500 also uses different tps vs my truck. we believe that we might be able to get the whipple running with the stock tb since all the needed tables are there and would only need some modification. i also know tuning for boost is possible since i have a friend with a remote turbo charged 250 6.2. the other issue is we ran up against a time constraint. camping/summer work season is started and i need the truck. going to take a break till the end of camping/hunting season and then take another stab at this. the good news is we did figure out a lot of the install differences between the raptor and the 250. i did reach back out to livernois again to see if they would do remote tuning, so i will see what they say
For now the next thing i need to do is get new tires. going up to 37x12.5r18s. looking at the falken wildpeak at3w
So would a gt500 TB go on my 2011 Raptor?