Live Valve Noises??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dawgfan77

Reaction score
New owner here, I just bought my 1st Raptor after many years of wishing (2020 with Live Valve), And I'm working out all of the "Is this sound normal" thoughts daily. So #1-Is it normal to hear sounds coming from the shock area?
Reminds me of the older Lincolns with air suspension and sounds they made pumping up, only shorter. At 1st I thought it was the fuel pump prepping for start. I hear a couple brief spurts before cranking, and then again as I drive around at slow speeds or hit small bumps. Its too quiet to notice at any driving speed. Then today I noticed that I could do it (sometimes) if I simply climbed up on a running board while the truck is parked and shift the truck side to side. I swear I can hear the valves actuating, or bypassing maybe.
All my searches only returned "valve controller" issues and valve replacements, but I didnt see anything about people hearing anything. And they also seem to all include "shock stiffness" from the valves staying locked, mine are definitely not stiff ever (so far). Thanks for the help!

Jayrutty

Reaction score
I too am a first time Raptor owner (2020 802A) I have not heard any of those noise, however I find that when shifting into gear (mostly in Reverse) I notice the back end "settling" or somewhat dropping down? No sure this is normal activity or not. And that is a i think that was a quote from Pulp Fiction.