Live Valve Issue? Rides Harder than Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the ssm in the clunk thread
This isn't a sound or suspension clunk. It's a physical stiffness when going over bumpy roads. I read all about the clunk and saved the relevant info on it before my truck was even delivered (in case mine was affected). My build was two days before the cutoff for that, but I don't think my complaint is clunk related.

ray0409

Reaction score
What about the offroad mode? On bumpy roads, my 35 gen3 is also jiggly in the offroad mode. The difference between the three modes is very small to me.

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the offroad mode? On bumpy roads, my 35 gen3 is also jiggly in the offroad mode. The difference between the three modes is very small to me.
I agree off road mode seems a bit more jiggly and the differences between modes is small. The firmness I'm experiencing is in Sport suspension mode and is only worse in Normal and Off-Road.

ray0409

Reaction score
I agree off road mode seems a bit more jiggly and the differences between modes is small. The firmness I'm experiencing is in Sport suspension mode and is only worse in Normal and Off-Road.
The sport mode doesn't even feel firmer on my raptor. My tire pressure is 38 psi. Maybe I should lower it to 35 psi. I believe the tire noise is gonna be crazy

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sport mode doesn't even feel firmer on my raptor. My tire pressure is 38 psi. Maybe I should lower it to 35 psi. I believe the tire noise is gonna be crazy
I notice very little tire noise from the stock tires and I've been as low as 35psi. Didn't seem to change the ride much though.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre running the k02s, it's not going to be noisy at lower pressures. 38 is too high and will ride pretty terribly. try 35 front, 32 rear and you'll see a world of difference.. to the extent that you'll realize sport mode is way stiffer than the others

ray0409

Reaction score
I notice very little tire noise from the stock tires and I've been as low as 35psi. Didn't seem to change the ride much though.
The build quality of my raptor is not good. I noticed very load road noise on the first day. Dealer did not help so I bought lots of sound dampening materials and reduced the noises.

RaptorIce

Reaction score
Yes. It is softer over some road surfaces but also has the most body roll. I guess I'm looking to have my cake and eat it too, and I expected the live shocks to be better at that. Mostly just want to make sure it is what it is and not that I have a shock tuning issue.
This has made a night and day difference for street ride. Off road I'd say its meh to good but iv only off roaded with it once.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BOOM! Found this link and tried this in FORScan. There’s one minor difference but the software had a clear explanation for the procedure to put the live shocks in engineering mode. Just took it for a ride on a rough road and it’s a pronounced improvement!View attachment 373496
Just read your post on the forscan thread and bookmarked the link. Great find/clue and thanks for sharing!!! This will be very valuable once springs settle in and a great service check!