Live valve in front only - Gen 2 mid or long travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please forgive/correct me if I get this wrong, but I believe that on my 2019 Gen 2, the live valve sensors are only on the front (attached to the a/arms and frame), which feeds data to the computer which in turn sends current to the front coilovers and rear shocks. No current is full stiff on low speed compression, and the more current applied, the softer the low speed compression.

My question is this - can a guy run the live valve factory coilovers on just the front with one of Camburg or Evil or RPGs longer travel kits (plus separate bypass shock), and then pair that on the rear truck with a traditional bypass through the bed set up? I'm not very familiar with electronics, but could you just feed the current for the rear shocks into a dummy system (heat sink or something like it), to make the truck's computer think all is well?

I know that I can use the RPG live valve delete module and take out the plug on the live valves, but that's going to run a grand at least all said and done.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The live valve coils (electric coil, not spring) come off the shocks. You could remove the electric coil and tie it up in the frame, or I imagine a good resistor would do the same thing. The module that runs the live valve system is very very rudimentary and doesn't get feed back from the shocks themselves. it just does a circuit check to make sure they are plugged in.