Live Valve E-click Corrossion, Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Hammerbuilt

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Curious about a couple of things. Did the code pop on the driver screen, or info screen? When the shocks went into limp mode, were they full stiff? Or what, how did it feel driving? Thanks.
Code popped up on the eclick screen. Its a bright red screen “error code 1017”. The frustrating part is googling the code netted nothing and SDI has nothing on their website about codes and their meaning. I contacted the person who sold me the system who got one of the SDI techs to text me after hours “the SDI ECU is hot”.

Granted, I ran my truck hard at TRR as I do everywhere. I drove wide open throttle basically the whole time but thats what people who use their trucks like this do.

Im not sure how the shocks reacted honestly. For the most part when it happened I was pulling back into camp or the last mile of track. Once the code popped no matter how much I wanted to drive more, i pulled off, popped the hood and went swimming for a few hours so it could cool off. It felt more stiff but im not quite sure they were in full lock out mode.

Anyone who knows me knows I drive my truck how it was designed, plus some. I hold the “first broken truck at TRR 2021” badge quite proudly. I didnt buy my truck to baby it. But when certain un-named personalities say “this system drives better than a mid travel truck”, i expect it to last longer than an hour of fun at a time.

And again, im not saying the eClick id trash. In fact I think its a great system. But I’ll point out flaws where I see them. So far the response I’ve gotten from SDI is “we conduct our designs in the southern California desert and have not experienced these codes through our tests but we’ll look into this”.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ian Settlemire
Reaction score
That is an insane level of corrosion on the outside. I would think you could take a Brillo pad to that actuator though to clean it up and reinstall it with some dielectric grease and hopefully restore function.
They did clean the corrosion and that cleared the original error code of 9002. Then immediately it threw out error code 9001 and now 9000.

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Code popped up on the eclick screen. Its a bright red screen “error code 1017”. The frustrating part is googling the code netted nothing and SDI has nothing on their website about codes and their meaning. I contacted the person who sold me the system who got one of the SDI techs to text me after hours “the SDI ECU is hot”.

Granted, I ran my truck hard at TRR as I do everywhere. I drove wide open throttle basically the whole time but thats what people who use their trucks like this do.

Im not sure how the shocks reacted honestly. For the most part when it happened I was pulling back into camp or the last mile of track. Once the code popped no matter how much I wanted to drive more, i pulled off, popped the hood and went swimming for a few hours so it could cool off. It felt more stiff but im not quite sure they were in full lock out mode.

Anyone who knows me knows I drive my truck how it was designed, plus some. I hold the “first broken truck at TRR 2021” badge quite proudly. I didnt buy my truck to baby it. But when certain un-named personalities say “this system drives better than a mid travel truck”, i expect it to last longer than an hour of fun at a time.

And again, im not saying the eClick id trash. In fact I think its a great system. But I’ll point out flaws where I see them. So far the response I’ve gotten from SDI is “we conduct our designs in the southern California desert and have not experienced these codes through our tests but we’ll look into this”.
SDI actually has an entire document under support of their error codes; not sure if yours is on there but they do have them. There is also a list of error codes in the manual for the e-clik raptor manual. Both of which I attached.

Attachments

• eclik-error-guide.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • eclik-pro-guide.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • eclik-raptor-guide.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 12

Johnny@Hammerbuilt

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SDI actually has an entire document under support of their error codes; not sure if yours is on there but they do have them. There is also a list of error codes in the manual for the e-clik raptor manual. Both of which I attached.
Noted, we searched all over and couldnt find it at all but went ahead and saved it now. Thanks.