Live Valve E-click Corrossion, Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just wanted to let the community know the problems I am having with the Suspension Direct E-Click System on Live Valve Shocks. I have a 2018 and bought Live Valve Shocks that were very low miles take offs. I had Suspension Direct revalve the rears to go with my Deavers. I have had no problems for six months and it worked great. I got error code 9002 and that was diagnosed as rust and corrosion on the factory connection on front left shock. Installer cleaned it up and as I was driving home, I got error code 9001. Told shop and they said I might need to replace shock as it could be internal rust, corrosion or some electrical connection failure on oem shock. I now have error code 9000 and don't know what that means.

I live in the mountains, so that might have something to do with the rust/corrosion issue. I'm going through buyer's remorse as I"m limited to shops to work on this and truck has been down for weeks with no solution in sight. Just want others to know of this potential problem and see if anyone else has problems with electronics/rust/corrosion on their live valve setup (with or without E-click).

THanks.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 out of the 3 trucks I know running eclik at TRR this past weekend had their eclik systems go into limp mode after the extra computer overheated (code 9017). Didn't give me the warm and fuzzy as a future mod though. Good luck getting your's figured out, there shouldnt be ANY internal rust even with all the salt from the UT roads since everything is oil coated and most components are aluminum and stainless.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they replace the shock for a connector issue? The live valve solenoid is available separately from the shock absorber. If there is corrosion in the solenoid connector, replace it. If the vehicle harness side is corroded, replace the pigtail.

Any reports or experience with the stock computer/system throwing codes with the livevalve stuff?

OP
OP
Ian Settlemire
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Here are some photos.

Attachments

• Attach0-1.JPG
    Attach0-1.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Attach0-2.JPG
    Attach0-2.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Attach0.JPG
    Attach0.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 96

Johnny@Hammerbuilt

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2 out of the 3 trucks I know running eclik at TRR this past weekend had their eclik systems go into limp mode after the extra computer overheated (code 9017). Didn't give me the warm and fuzzy as a future mod though. Good luck getting your's figured out, there shouldnt be ANY internal rust even with all the salt from the UT roads since everything is oil coated and most components are aluminum and stainless.
I was one of the two, code was actually 1017. Code also bothered me as I got the code after every 30-40 miles offroad unless i sat with the hood open for two hours. Definitely something I didnt expect when they do their r&d in the cali desert and TRR was only 105 degrees no humidity. This tells me the eclick likely wouldnt survive 8 days in baja during summer.

I dont have buyers remorse, i do notice a difference of the eclick with my race series 3.0. Nate knows me in person and knows im truly honest when it comes to feed back on mods but I would like to know how SDI plans to address this.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Here are some photos.
That is an insane level of corrosion on the outside. I would think you could take a Brillo pad to that actuator though to clean it up and reinstall it with some dielectric grease and hopefully restore function.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got error code 9002 and that was diagnosed as rust and corrosion on the factory connection on front left shock

Ok So I was the 3rd person who didn’t have a single problem with my E-clik.

To me this post has nothing to do with SDI. This has to do with upkeep of the vehicle. Yes my two friends had codes thrown and we would love to find out why, but the above pictures to me look like poor upkeep of the vehicle do to your outside conditions.
your last three pictures look like dirt. If the solenoid is indeed rusty, just replace it. They go bad just like a relay.

Have you called them??? What did they say? If you haven’t called them they open at 8am P time tomorrow. They answer every time I call. That would be where I would of started. If it hasn’t been on the truck long I bet even the solenoid has a warranty. One of mine does buzz, but it doesn’t bother me. I beat on my truck this last weekend and the truck performed miles above what a stock truck could do.

If this came across wrong I apologize. Give them a call or tell us what SDI has told you

Kyle

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was one of the two, code was actually 1017. Code also bothered me as I got the code after every 30-40 miles offroad unless i sat with the hood open for two hours. Definitely something I didnt expect when they do their r&d in the cali desert and TRR was only 105 degrees no humidity. This tells me the eclick likely wouldnt survive 8 days in baja during summer.

I dont have buyers remorse, i do notice a difference of the eclick with my race series 3.0. Nate knows me in person and knows im truly honest when it comes to feed back on mods but I would like to know how SDI plans to address this.
Curious about a couple of things. Did the code pop on the driver screen, or info screen? When the shocks went into limp mode, were they full stiff? Or what, how did it feel driving? Thanks.