Live Valve delete ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MattACK

Reaction score
Damn, Son! Sounds like a trying time. I was following the thread, I will be due for some shocks in the near future.

Is it leaking from the valve core? Might need a twist or two.

I believe it just needs to be tightened, but don't have a tool on hand to do it. Will head to the auto parts store in the morning to get the right tool.

When I was checking it, the plunger was sticking up just a hair more than the others, so think it may just need to be tightened.

OP
OP
M

MattACK

Reaction score
Ended up being a loose core in the fitting that RPG sent. Tightened it up with the $1.99 valve stem tool and all good. Will be picking a day in a week or two to install.

We were just notified by my daughter's school that someone she sits next to in class tested positive for covid, so now we get to sort that out.

OP
OP
M

MattACK

Reaction score
I finally got the 2019 shocks installed and went ahead and installed some R1 concepts brakes and front stainless lines.

Shocks ride fine with the live valve delete. Feels a little firm, but honestly don't remember what stock suspension rides like. The delete puts them into full-soft "mode" and haven't noticed anything unreasonable. I've only put highway miles on them and the minefield-like streets of Atlanta, no off-road miles yet for a month or two.

The brake pads, rotors, and lines made a difference and they bite a lot better. Surprisingly the old pads had at least 60k miles on them and still had over half the material left, which is nuts.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally got the 2019 shocks installed and went ahead and installed some R1 concepts brakes and front stainless lines.

Shocks ride fine with the live valve delete. Feels a little firm, but honestly don't remember what stock suspension rides like. The delete puts them into full-soft "mode" and haven't noticed anything unreasonable. I've only put highway miles on them and the minefield-like streets of Atlanta, no off-road miles yet for a month or two.

The brake pads, rotors, and lines made a difference and they bite a lot better. Surprisingly the old pads had at least 60k miles on them and still had over half the material left, which is nuts.

Great to hear that! How was the R1 Concepts install? I've seen a lot of negative reviews of various aftermarket brake kits on here, just wondering how it worked out.

OP
OP
M

MattACK

Reaction score
Great to hear that! How was the R1 Concepts install? I've seen a lot of negative reviews of various aftermarket brake kits on here, just wondering how it worked out.

I spec'd out a set of front slotted and rear blank rotors with the geomet coating that Freedom recommends with posi quiet pads. I didn't get do any calipers or anything since I hear that is pretty much a waste. I got an awesome deal on the rotors from R1 on sale, otherwise I was going to stick with OEM rotors. The stainless lines from Freedom was missing some fittings for the rear, so we only did stainless lines in the front and everything lined up. Chris at Freedom is working out the fittings issue and hope to have that resolved here soon.

No issue on the install of the rotors, all went smooth. Bed in procedure worked and now pads have plenty of bite. Curious to see how many miles I get out of them compared to the stock pads.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
It is correct that their block off kit doesn’t change the valving; however, without the solenoid, the shocks will be in their stiffest setting, which is much stiffer than 2017/2018 shocks.

I checked on this. RPG assured me that their live valve delete kit has the shocks at their softest setting. I'm assuming that's what op meant when RPG told him that they would behave like the 17/18 shock. Still soft but more control especially, throughout turns and braking.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
I have my take-offs w/live valve deletes being installed for me (along with some Deavers) starting on Monday, picking my truck back up sometime Wednesday. I’ll let y’all know how it all feels after the fact.

They will be swapping over my Eibachs to front my current shocks over to the take offs too, so my ride quality may “differ” but overall I should at least be able to let you know how it all feels from original to take-offs with live valve delete.

How's she riding? How much did they charge to install delete kit and shocks?