Live Suspension, Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JR1

Reaction score
I’m new to my Gen2: Is it true that Live suspension is Not active in 2H & 4H AND that you can Damage your suspension/transmission if you run in one of the off road modes (such as baha)on the street? It says all this in the owners manual.There are times I want Live suspension for pot-holed Street’s and a super smooth ride…Also it says in the manual that you NEED to Modify your factory truck if you want to tow the Max Amount (8200 or 8400lbs) is this true? Thank you to anyone who knows!!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m new to my Gen2: Is it true that Live suspension is Not active in 2H & 4H AND that you can Damage your suspension/transmission if you run in one of the off road modes (such as baha)on the street? It says all this in the owners manual.There are times I want Live suspension for pot-holed Street’s and a super smooth ride…Also it says in the manual that you NEED to Modify your factory truck if you want to tow the Max Amount (8200 or 8400lbs) is this true? Thank you to anyone who knows!!
Running in 4H or 4L on the street will damage your drive train. Use 2H or 4A if traction is good. You'll need a weight-distributing hitch to max trailer weight without overloading the rear axle.