Little trip to Western Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s about six hours on pavement and another hour off road. We saw only one other person, a guy out hunting lions for the bounty. He wasn’t real friendly, but I’ll bet he gets a lot of shit from tree huggers and the only reason to be out there this time of year is to hug trees. Saw tracks the next day where his dogs were running one. It was really small, but I suppose the bounty is the same either way.
I met a lion hunter years back during a dirt bike trip in Northern Nevada (Black Rock) and to call him a little twisted would be an understatement.

MPRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics thx for sharing. Too bad ur trip was marred by having to run into a “lion hunter”! Lol. maybe the lion had a good dinner,

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I met a lion hunter years back during a dirt bike trip in Northern Nevada (Black Rock) and to call him a little twisted would be an understatement.
Probably on average that's true. This was my second one. The first one was really friendly and we talked about lions and lion hunting for a good twenty minutes. He was also a local rancher, so maybe that affected things.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Probably on average that's true. This was my second one. The first one was really friendly and we talked about lions and lion hunting for a good twenty minutes. He was also a local rancher, so maybe that affected things.
A fews years back a ”friend “ was hunting Lions in Africa. They were back at camp after the days hunt and the Game Wardens came into camp. They said they had Poachers in the area and asked if anyone wanted to help hunt them down!!
Now I don’t want to kill a Lion or Elephant but… getting to hunt poachers with no reports or paperwork?? Now that’s a fun hunt! I’m not sure if you bagged one if you could stuff and mount him in an action pose? The fees to bring him back into the country Im sure would be prohibitive :biggun::hunter::hunter::hunter:

evangood

Reaction score
Wow, what beautiful places, and what a great trip. Although, I'm very interested in how you were able to pull Tacoma out in such conditions? Well, since you posted these pictures and started this thread, it somehow turned out, haha. When I was little, together with my father, I made a little trip to Texas or California every month. This was the norm for us. I recently moved to Austria because my business has started to develop here. Therefore I sometimes travel by train in Austria (this is common here), and most of all, I like the fact that there are even sites like oebbfahrplan.com, which has an exact train schedule.

Last edited: