GEN 2 [LISTEN] Presenting the AWE FG Exhaust Suite. Available now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent write up Smerfslayer! Please add any additional information that you identify along the way. Really wanted this set up but recently read some of the dissatisfied customers.
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Money, noise, relative ease of install, and hearing the videos my estimation was 2fg was not just good, it was good enough. :)

I’ll try to get some highway db readings and then circle back after a few weeks to see if they’re different.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Money, noise, relative ease of install, and hearing the videos my estimation was 2fg was not just good, it was good enough. :)

I’ll try to get some highway db readings and then circle back after a few weeks to see if they’re different.

Be curious to hear if you experience the same backfiring as some of us.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 2FG on for a little bit, less than 50 miles driving with it.
Start up and idle are noticeably louder. I do think it sounds deeper which is nice.
I've noticed the same observations as smurfslayer.

One thing I have noticed that is very annoying is when flooring it, there is more raspiness at the higher rpms. I'm really hoping that goes away as I put more miles on. It does not sound good.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 2FG on for a little bit, less than 50 miles driving with it.
Start up and idle are noticeably louder. I do think it sounds deeper which is nice.
I've noticed the same observations as smurfslayer.

One thing I have noticed that is very annoying is when flooring it, there is more raspiness at the higher rpms. I'm really hoping that goes away as I put more miles on. It does not sound good.

2500+ miles on it. It stays. Don’t get me wrong. I think it’s perfect level of loudness for me and tone most of the time.

peavey02

Reaction score
About the backfires
Definitely got them here as well, first time I heard it I thought the rear end was exploding (I'm exaggerating, but it was definitely loud). NOTE: Since I switched to midgrade/premium those issues have disappeared. I think it has something to do with the ECM trying to prevent detonation from using 87 or "bad gas". I'm sure I'm wrong, this is just what I've read in other forums because I didn't make the connection to the exhaust at first. Computer will supposedly retard timing and even reduce output slightly if it detects lower octane with its knock sensors.

About the exhaust.
I am 99% that I'm returning this exhaust. At idle and VERY low RPM the exhaust is great. Anything other than a "small" acceleration leads to a sound I don't like, just doesn't seem right coming from the truck. Also, there are bad exhaust leaks coming from almost every clamp provided to me. Again I am not a small man, and have put quite a bit of torque on the bolts. I still can't get the hissing to stop, nor could the exhaust shop...

Mild acceleration is just bad honestly, and that's how I drive. WOT is a little raspy but honestly doesn't sound too bad. Idle is great. The mid point is too sports car-ish. After an evening with a friend he finally proclaimed "350Z!" as he had spent the last hour trying to decide what the truck sounded like. I guess I just have to stick with stock :(

I think the biggest let down is this--As others have stated it sounds nothing like the video. Honestly the exhaust isnt bad but it's definitely not what I was expecting, and I think it's kind of soured my opinion on it.

Which set up did you have?