Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Linkswell upgrade

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]' started by Gungfusifu, Feb 8, 2020.

1. melvimbe

melvimbe Full Access Member

A part of me wishes I had done this as well, although I'm not sure I'd be happy with that. I think the phoenix tablet is pretty easy to use overall, just way too buggy.

2. GCATX

GCATX FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I had problems with the sync interface, having to switch back and forth from sync to tablet, etc. Phone calls and texts were always a challenge. The screen starting going black and being non-responsive and it was randomly reverting back to AM radio.

3. Gungfusifu

Gungfusifu Member

Yes sync is removed, you literally unplug the whole system and replace with the linkswell system. Cameras and everything else works great. I have 3 different navigation apps on it, Waze, google maps etc. Have email and Microsoft office installed on it too. YouTube for videos. It also has front camera with DVR plus adas.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

4. Lou N

Lou N Member

5. Lou N

Lou N Member

Thinking about doing the same thing on my 2018. Did you run into any problems whatsoever with the install? I watched the video looks pretty straightforward just thought I'd ask you if you ran into any problems or is it truly plug-and-play ? Did you purchase the $8 adapter that monitors the ECU? I was also looking at the Phoenix haven't made my decision yet.

6. Gungfusifu

Gungfusifu Member

Get a trim removal kit, you'll need for sure.
    Use the gps that comes with unit. The ford gps isn't going to work as well. It's all plug and play. Everything you need comes with unit. The adas camera is great

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

7. Droid

Droid kglesq's Brother

Hardware looks neat, but they really need to hire a UI designer. Just use flat buttons for crying out loud. It looks like they got the guy that Microsoft fired from Windows XP.

8. ksgries

ksgries Full Access Member

Does XM work with this one? My biggest issue with atleast the Phoenix is that it doesn’t work with xm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Lou N

Lou N Member

Thanks for the feedback, I wanted to ask you if you did any research on the Phoenix before you went with the links?

10. Lou N

Lou N Member

I wanted to ask you if you did any research on the Phoenix before you bought the links? They were saying the Phoenix looks a little bit better plus she could control different color lights