Linkswell Gen II vs Phoenix is worth to put in 2019 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajitpal toor

Reaction score
I have ford raptor 2019 fully loaded with 802A package and thinking to go with big screen look good in video I had seen many thread and video and not sure which one is best i does't want to keep freezing the screen or loosing any function of truck any idea.

about phoenix i will lose the apple play thats i doesn't want to lose and not sure about the BANG & OLUFSEN .

about linkswell I doesn't like they routing the wire of microphone to driver side to put the microphone there
for both the two usb how to replace in down compartment there is no video to shows

any suggestion should i go for this or not? if yes which one?

thanks

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will not loose apple car play with phoenix

i use android and have full android auto still working on phoenix and B&O also works

mata

Reaction score
for the two usb inputs, i saw the phoenix video where they just pop from the dash instead of installing them in the oem location...i guess you need to do a custom job to install them in the oem placement. i am on a similiar dilema, have an 800a raptor and almost about to pull the trigger on a phoenix radio....

OP
OP
ajitpal toor

ajitpal toor

Reaction score
you will not loose apple car play with phoenix

i use android and have full android auto still working on phoenix and B&O also works
Thanks for reply
I had seen in video they are doing screen mirror I think Apple car doesn’t work but r u sure ? Or there is workaround for that ?Can you post some video

About b&O there is any wire they provide to connect because in Linkswell it is $100 extra for b&O
Sorry I’m new about this system

OP
OP
ajitpal toor

ajitpal toor

Reaction score
for the two usb inputs, i saw the phoenix video where they just pop from the dash instead of installing them in the oem location...i guess you need to do a custom job to install them in the oem placement. i am on a similiar dilema, have an 800a raptor and almost about to pull the trigger on a phoenix radio....
Thanks for reply

Can you send the video for usb dash installation

But there is no video for replacing the oem usb to Phoenix usb

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No more volume knob. That would be a deal killer for me.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

both factory USB still work. the usb for the unit is only for software updated or to connect direct to it

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply
I had seen in video they are doing screen mirror I think Apple car doesn’t work but r u sure ? Or there is workaround for that ?Can you post some video

About b&O there is any wire they provide to connect because in Linkswell it is $100 extra for b&O
Sorry I’m new about this system

it connect to factory ford sync no extra wire needed for b&o

you keep your factory ford sync display so android auto and apple car play both work on new screen you dont loose any functions

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No more volume knob. That would be a deal killer for me.

you have steering wheel volume control and screen bottom right control

you loose all the audio hard button to make room for the big 12.1 in screen. their next software update will include all virtual buttons on screen that you lost as hard buttons but you still have 2 ways to control volume now so that would be a 3rd way

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you have steering wheel volume control and screen bottom right control

you loose all the audio hard button to make room for the big 12.1 in screen. their next software update will include all virtual buttons on screen that you lost as hard buttons but you still have 2 ways to control volume now so that would be a 3rd way

All of which are vastly inferior to a simple knob if you want it turned down *now*.

Lose = things going away.
Loose = not tight.