Line-X and Bak Revolver 4 weights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RappyB

Reaction score
Thinking about adding Line-X Premium and the Bak Revolver 4. Will the added weight drop the bed height at all?

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about adding Line-X Premium and the Bak Revolver 4. Will the added weight drop the bed height at all?

I doubt it. I had the Bak Revolver 4 on my F250 and it wasn’t that heavy, maybe 75 lbs.

If you live in a hot environment I’d steer clear of the Bak Revolver. The felt on the underside of mine detached from the cover because the glue melted in 80 degree heat. I stuck it back on, but it kept detaching and the cover was just never the same. I will say, they do have good customer service though. I called and they sent me a new cover right away.

I didn’t want to deal with that again on my Raptor, so I got a Retrax this time. It’s a great cover, but takes up a lot of bed space on these little beds.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. I had the Bak Revolver 4 on my F250 and it wasn’t that heavy, maybe 75 lbs.

If you live in a hot environment I’d steer clear of the Bak Revolver. The felt on the underside of mine detached from the cover because the glue melted in 80 degree heat. I stuck it back on, but it kept detaching and the cover was just never the same. I will say, they do have good customer service though. I called and they sent me a new cover right away.

I didn’t want to deal with that again on my Raptor, so I got a Retrax this time. It’s a great cover, but takes up a lot of bed space on these little beds.

That's funny because Bak doesn't recommend it for cold weather climates :33:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a truxedo soft roll-up style tonneau on my Raptor w/ the rails that attach to the bed sides, not my fav setup or first choice but was part of the deal I worked on the truck when new they threw in a tonneau cover but was whatever they had in stock. It’s good quality, doesn’t flap a lot making noise & has a good tight fit, when rolled up pretty much full access to the bed, doesn’t weigh much, but I never like the tonneau covers that use those rails because you’ll forever have to be mindful not to let something heavy/rugged lean or slam up against them, you can’t really sit or lean on the bed sides w/ them attached etc.

I had a bakflip type tonneau before- gator brand I think but they’re all similar - for the money the quality isn’t that great IMO, the flip style one I had also had the weather seal gaskets start pulling away & the composite AL panels got water sandwiched in between & swelled, plus I’m sure it isn’t water tight.

Between my dads trucks growing up & my own had quite a few tonneaus & my fav hands down for combo of bed access, security, ease of removal, quality/durability & price is the Advantage Hardhat Tri-fold. It folds on itself allowing access to 2/3 bed, but you can easily remove it entirely for full bed access, just uses adjustable nylon/plastic crank downs @ 4 corners, when its warm you can get these adjusted so the whole thing is super tight & I had this same tonneau on another truck that got totaled & I had to use a sawzall to cut through the panels to remove it to gain access, I tried using a crowbar to pry it off but it wouldn’t break! since the tailgate was locked & couldn’t open due to damage from the accident- so in other words it’s Pretty damn secure & rugged & w/ AL frame & hard nylon plastic inserts under the soft vinyl you can put stuff on top of the cover w/o sagging or damaging it- like up to 40-50 lbs I’d say. It’s 100% waterproof.

Look- on sale too-

https://realtruck.com/p/advantage-h...MI18KssJrd5QIVBOiGCh2tEQaNEAQYASABEgKQJvD_BwE

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My beds linex'd and I've got the revolver x4. I don't notice any rear end height change. However going into winter it'll be interesting to see how the aluminum cover holds up. Trucks garaged though so I think it'll be okay here in northeastern KY.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Bed is Line-X and have the Undercover Elite Tonneau cover.

It raises higher the the original one I had on my 2014 and has a hook stored that you can use to grab and bring items to you or push back.

Also has a removable 4 led lights and a picture of about ten people standing on it.

Has a nice keyed single central lock which I like better than the two locks on the original.

Both the original and the Elite will never leak which I like a lot.