Lil 98's 2019 Blue SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil98Sport4x4

Reaction score
This is my add-ons/mods page for Blue.

Exterior...
1) Bed extender
2) Bed mat
3) BakFlip MX4 hard Tonneau cover
4) Weathertech bug deflector
5) AVS Ventvisors
6) PDP mud flaps (Thanks to Rick @ Freedommotorsports.us)

Lighting...
1) Diode Dynamics HP5 license plate LEDs (from Apollo Optics)
2) Recon blacked out 3rd brake light (Thanks to Jeff @ fordraptorlights.com)

Interior...
- nuthin' -

Performance...
- nuthin' -

Audio...
- nuthin' ...yet

Future mods...
1) Driving light kit (leaning towards a Baja set)
2) Tint front windows
3) Upgrade stock sub
4) Leveling kit
5) Rear aux light kit
6) Various FORScan mods
7) CAI
8) A shorter antenna ...the stock one is like a fishing pole!
9) JLT catch can (still investigating if this is needed ...I'd appreciate any opinions on these)

Possible future mods...
1) Phoenix Auto Android tablet head unit upgrade (love the look, but willing to wait until the bugs and support are worked out)
2) upgrade front bumper
3) upgrade rear bumper

20190409_131020.jpg
This was snapped a few days after I brought her home from the dealer, and a day after I installed the WT bug deflector.

Thanks for stopping by.
- Jamie

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lil98Sport4x4

Lil98Sport4x4

Reaction score
Lighting mods...

Upgraded license the plate bulbs and installed my Recon 3rd brake light.

20190414_172537.jpg

20190408_205604.jpg

I may spray paint those bolt heads black to help them blend in better.

If anyone is having trouble with installing this brake light, it's not as easy as I thought it would be ...but it's only a matter of removing the factory pig tail. Here are a few pics to help install a new 3rd brake light.

Plug Mount Tabs.jpg

Once you have the stock light off, unplug the harness from the light assembly and look for the white mounting tabs circled in the above photo.

I used needle nose pliers to squeeze the skinny tab in order to get it started. I then used a trim removal tool to push down on the fatter tab to pop the plug loose. Once the plug is loose, you can pull the harness out enough to easily unplug the pigtail. Plug in your new brake light and turn on the lights to make sure it's working properly. If everything is good, then tuck in the wire and button everything up. Easy peazy and dun!

Pigtail Mounting Tabs.jpg
I chose to re-mount the plug as it was by using needle nose pliers to pull the skinny tab back through and the trim removal tool to push on the harness until the fat tab popped back in place.

Last edited: