Likelihood of Gen 3 SCAB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
metaphysician

metaphysician

Reaction score
I hope its wrong. Its also missing the 3.5 H.O. "Raptor Motor"

Yea, I noticed that too. That engine list can't be exhaustive, as they have a 2021 Raptor, but no appropriate engine. Unless... the 3.5 HEV (PowerBoost) would be the engine but with a Raptor-specific tune. That may tie into the other thread that there will be two Raptors - one with a 3.5 and 800/801 package and a 2022(?) V8 Raptor with 802 package.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 17' supercab raptor, want a gen 3 supercab in the future. Absolutely no need for a crew cab truck ever for me. Ford better not let us down.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope its wrong. Its also missing the 3.5 H.O. "Raptor Motor"

It also doesn't list the 5.2L V8 either, yet I don't recall seeing any blogs point out that this means the 2021 Raptor doesn't have a bigger V8. That's not what the readers want to hear.

It's just a doc that might or might not be from Ford. Means nothing. We find out maybe Feb 3.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO Ford should put a V-8 in the New Raptor, the 7.3 Godzilla motor bumped to 500HP.
Just think GODZILLA RAPTOR. Then there would be "room" for the aftermarket ie Roush/Shelby... to supercharge it for insane HP,

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my 17' supercab raptor, want a gen 3 supercab in the future. Absolutely no need for a crew cab truck ever for me. Ford better not let us down.

Completely agree, but I would love a 36 gallon tank on the SCAB, especially since I run e50 and will be switching to e85 this spring/summer.

BigRick73

Reaction score
I’ve got a 19’ SCAB and absolutely love it. It’s just my wife and I so I don’t need all the room in a SCREW. My personal opinion is a SCAB looks better because it is shorter and looks more like a Trophy truck than a SCREW.
Positives: shorter wheelbase makes it easy to park, fits in my garage, looks better
Negatives: only 26 gal gas tank and tow capacity rated at 6000# vs 8000#. Although Ford couldn’t explain the difference. Good luck finding a Scab. You will love it and you wil be in the 10% group vs the 90% group.