Lightweight 17 Inch Wheel Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My God, the heft of the OEM Beadlocks, switching to Methods and BFG KO2 37s vs stock beadlock and tires are actually a weight savings lol.

Rob O

Reaction score
I don't think Ford engineered the wheel to be the lightest possible option as it's pretty chunky. The ring and fasteners aren't helping either. Other forged companies that pride themselves on strength and weight achieve much better results. Volk for example offers a 17x8.5 that weighs 18lbs (not for 6x135 unfortunately).
Gotcha. I use forged wheels on all of my other cars, with like 8 sets of them now (between what's mounted and what's stacked up in storage). I go with forged over cast or flow formed, not just because they are made to order (size/fitment/finish), but because they're lighter, stronger and higher quality. That's why I'm surprised to hear the forged OE 17s are as heavy as their cast counterpart.

I've resisted spending for forged on the Raptor, partly because there are so few options in 17s. I've considered a couple, one from Brixton Forged ($5k) and another from 1221 (even more). Makes $1500 for a set feel disposable, so I don't mind if they get trashed on the trails. LOL.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What did you change to? I'm looking for a new setup

Black Rhino Crawlers at the moment but there a few new Black Rhino's that they haven't released pics on yet that are pretty awesome. Either that or I might send some Roku's to OMF for simulated drain rings. Not certain yet.