Lightweight 17 Inch Wheel Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob O

Reaction score
Are factory "beadlocks" really the same weight as the standard equipement 17s? The latter are cast, while the optional "bead lock capable" wheels are forged. Given they are the same dimensions and fitment, I assumed the forged wheel would be lighter. Maybe the "beauty ring" adds weight?

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are factory "beadlocks" really the same weight as the standard equipement 17s? The latter are cast, while the optional "bead lock capable" wheels are forged. Given they are the same dimensions and fitment, I assumed the forged wheel would be lighter. Maybe the "beauty ring" adds weight?

I don't think Ford engineered the wheel to be the lightest possible option as it's pretty chunky. The ring and fasteners aren't helping either. Other forged companies that pride themselves on strength and weight achieve much better results. Volk for example offers a 17x8.5 that weighs 18lbs (not for 6x135 unfortunately).

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but what's wrong with the factory beadlocks? I think they are sharp, would not be changing them.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing as this is a thread and spreadsheet for those of us that do not want to run a set of 20" Cockstars to Starbucks... How about adding a column (Yes/No will suffice) for whether or not the wheel is hubcentric?

Not to mention a column for true bead lock capability.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Seeing as this is a thread and spreadsheet for those of us that do not want to run a set of 20" Cockstars to Starbucks... How about adding a column (Yes/No will suffice) for whether or not the wheel is hubcentric?

Not to mention a column for true bead lock capability.

No problem on hub size.

Non of the beadlocks are under 30lbs. I could probably start a separate sheet?