GEN 2 Lights not getting power.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I had my lights installed and mounted by my installer who has always done good work for me, only think is my AUX switches aren’t providing any power to the factory wiring that is being hooked up to the lights. I have a Baja sport kit and reverse lights. He put the voltmeter to all of the wires under the hood that you’re supposed to connect to and there’s 0 power going to them. The up fitter switches lights turn on when you flick them on, but nothing goes to the wiring.

I’m going to take it to a dealer and have them figure it out and just instruct them not to touch the lights, and to just make sure there’s power to the factory wiring. But we were just wondering is there anything else that has to be done to provide power to these wires that we were missing? He went through the raptor supplement and did as instructed.
Just wondering your guys thoughts or if this has happened to anyone else before.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did he connect them to the pass through instead of the powered set?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s a good question. are the wires side by side? He’s matched the colors to what I want and what the manual states. Are there any pictures to show the differences between the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? There are two sets of wires and one is powered the other is just a pass-through so is not powered. On the 2018 the set toward the driver side is powered. On 2017 IIRC it is the opposite. It has been discussed on this forum but I only paid attn to 2018 since that is what I have.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? There are two sets of wires and one is powered the other is just a pass-through so is not powered. On the 2018 the set toward the driver side is powered. On 2017 IIRC it is the opposite. It has been discussed on this forum but I only paid attn to 2018 since that is what I have.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? There are two sets of wires and one is powered the other is just a pass-through so is not powered. On the 2018 the set toward the driver side is powered. On 2017 IIRC it is the opposite. It has been discussed on this forum but I only paid attn to 2018 since that is what I have. Obviously you want to connect to the powered upfitter set.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? There are two sets of wires and one is powered the other is just a pass-through so is not powered. On the 2018 the set toward the driver side is powered. On 2017 IIRC it is the opposite. It has been discussed on this forum but I only paid attn to 2018 since that is what I have. Obviously you want to connect to the powered upfitter set.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? There are two sets of wires and one is powered the other is just a pass-through so is not powered. On the 2018 the set toward the driver side is powered. On 2017 IIRC it is the opposite. It has been discussed on this forum but I only paid attn to 2018 since that is what I have. Do a little research, such as Halogrinder’s ultimate install thread. Obviously you want to connect to the powered upfitter set.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? There are two sets of wires and one is powered the other is just a pass-through so is not powered. On the 2018 the set toward the driver side is powered. On 2017 IIRC it is the opposite. It has been discussed on this forum but I only paid attn to 2018 since that is what I have. Do a little research, such as Halogrinder’s ultimate install thread. Obviously you want to connect to the powered upfitter set.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why it keeps posting multiple replies. Sorry.