Lighting Shootout Results - TRR 2014

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by KaiserM715, Apr 15, 2014.

Sponsored By: KC HiLiTES
  1. paj1978

paj1978 Full Access Member

If they were NOT $1500ish per pair I am sure many folks would be all over them like white on rice in a snow storm...

But what would I know.. Its not like I like lights or anything...

pat'sRAPTOR likes this.
  2. Huck

Huck FRF Addict

Do want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. KaiserM715

KaiserM715 Kaiser Söze Staff Member

Updated first post with warranty information.

4. MandR Automotive

MandR Automotive Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Not in here to start a vendor war but based on these results I doubt that a 10w light outputs same as our 240w 40" lightbar.

5. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] aka <b><font color='darkorange'>etalian2005</font> Supporting Vendor

You'll have to speak with @KaiserM715. He was a neutral party that conducted all testing.

As far as our light that was tested, allow me to clarify. We refer to our Apollo4 10w as the 10watt version. That being said, each LED chip in the light is a 10 watt chip. So the total power draw of the light is 40 watts.

We offer our Apollo4 in a 3 watt, 5 watt, and 10 watt version. The 3 watt (16w total) version is reserved for our amber lights, while the 5 watt (20w total) and 10 watt (40w total) versions are white lights. All versions are available in a spot, flood, or diffused beam pattern.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  6. KaiserM715

KaiserM715 Kaiser Söze Staff Member

I moved these two posts to this thread as I thought this to be the appropriate place for discussion.

I measured all of the lights in the same fashion. As I have stated previously, all I was after was data. I have no dog in the fight. Lumens and watts don't mean a whole lot once you get more than few yards away from the light. Downrange, the biggest factor is optics design and configuration. A perfect example is to look at the Squadron XL (42 Watts total) and Light Cannon (25W). The wattage is on par with other lights, but do to the optics, they get the light a lot farther downrange.