GEN 2 Lighting Recommendations/Waiting on 19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on lights for my 19 that will hopefully be here by the end of the year. Have decided on fog lights, a light bar or two in the grill and might as well get reverse lights. What would you recommend? One or two light bars in the grill? Brand? Any info would be appreciated.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
check out the supporting vendors websites, they are all quite helpful... the websites and the companies.

Nick @APOLlo said the gen2 doesn’t lose that much light through the grille, but I went with cheap but powerful grill lights. I spent $$$ on some Baja Designs lights - from one of the supporting vendors here and yeah, they are bright as all get out.

What do you want to do with the lights? mostly street and some off road, or more off road oriented? How far do you realistically need to project the usable light, what pattern and ....

what’s your budget?

OP
OP
K

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check out the supporting vendors websites, they are all quite helpful... the websites and the companies.

Nick @APOLlo said the gen2 doesn’t lose that much light through the grille, but I went with cheap but powerful grill lights. I spent $$$ on some Baja Designs lights - from one of the supporting vendors here and yeah, they are bright as all get out.

What do you want to do with the lights? mostly street and some off road, or more off road oriented? How far do you realistically need to project the usable light, what pattern and ....

what’s your budget?

Thanks - budget around $3k. Want to take it out at night at a couple TRR events and if TexPlex ever opens it up night. Don’t really plan on using them on the street . Brighter is better. No idea on pattern- pretty much new at this.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are these lights for looking cool at the Walmart?....BUT...if you plan on going off road, or traveling thru areas of desert or forest with little to no ambient light I would stick to top tier light manufactures for sure.

I have ZERO connection with Baja Designs or Rigid, but would stick to their products.
I've run both and consider them to be the best in the business.

It's a $70,000 truck, you going to trust cheap chi-wan-ese lighting for when you really need it?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks - budget around $3k. Want to take it out at night at a couple TRR events and if TexPlex ever opens it up night. Don’t really plan on using them on the street . Brighter is better. No idea on pattern- pretty much new at this.

The first thing you need to think of is whether or not you plan to keep your factory bumper. If so, one of our most popular setups is the Baja Designs Unlimited Kit stacked with the Baja Designs 30" S8 grille kit.

That's the exact setup we ran on our shop truck before we added the ADD Stealth Fighter front bumper.

4c980e98-a222-456a-85a3-2ccbd0cfb3bb.jpg

With just this setup mentioned, we'd be pretty close to the $2k mark and coming in under budget. We can also explore other options if you'd like to look at even more lighting.

We'd be happy to work with you to help get your setup dialed in, so please let us know if we can help!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keller shoot me an email, [email protected] and we can set you up with some awesome lighting when you get your truck. We stock Baja Designs and it's our GO TO brand (for obvious reasons).

The fog kits are where i'd start, followed by the reverse lights. Then you can add on things like the S8 grille kit for even more lighting.

I mean the skys the limit but the Baja Designs fog kits are the #1 thing I'd do. Their Pro kit is by far the most popular as you get Squadron Pros across the board. REALLY awesome.

I have full stock on everything, and we do all sorts of customization's (want amber lenses instead, no problem, i'll swap them out for you before shipping them).

So shoot me an email, or give me a call at 1-866-991-4331 when the time comes and we'll hook you up.

Tcspase

Reaction score
I have the Baja designs pretty much all around my truck. I went with the ford raptor lights kit for my fog light pockets. The 10”onx6 high power lower grill setup. The 30”s8 behind the grill and some rigid industries flush mount ignites on the rear for backup lights. The guys over at ford raptor lights just hooked me up with a Baja Designs S2 backup kit upgraded to the pro models as well as....the brand new onx6 laser light bar that I will use to replace the bar that is in my lower grill! As soon as I get everything installed I’m going to shoot some drone footage of all the light outputs. It would give you a good idea of what to expect.

Personally, the 30”s8 and the 10”onx6 from Baja covered so much of the same field of lightning that I would just get the 30” bar....if you shell out the extra money to get the onx6 10” laser light you might just have the ultimate setup but if you stick with the 10” onx6 hipower in conjunction with the 30”s8 I don’t think it does much except make your truck look pretty

pbsaz

Reaction score
I purchased the FRYLYT 5000's. Lots of arguments out there about what type of light is better however I wanted the old school large round lights and did not want to go with LED's. The problem is nobody makes light bars for the front bumper that will accommodate and protect the lights so they are just sitting in the box for now. I purchased the N-Fab bar that's supposed to work with up to 4 8 inch round lights but the mounts on the bar put the lights about 4 inches in front of the bar. Odd look and absolutely no protection. Working on a fix once I find someone in the Phoenix area who can fab something for me to adapt the N-Fab light bar.