GEN 2 Lighting advice, please…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I still remember that inattentive twit headed towards Ford Belvoir who cut me off. She’s the reason I got a front mounted camera. I’d had the truck less than one week. She’s stuck in right lane traffic, I’m in left lane, with everyone moving at a steady 45mph clip. She spied the gap between me and the person in front of me and just went for it. It was 2 truck lengths, ish. I don’t know how I stopped fast enough to avoid punting her suv. I know there was less than a foot between us.

Raptor812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a guy cut me off on the freeway yesterday. I turned on all of my forward facing lights. Think I freaked them out a bit, a lot of erratic driving in the lane. I could see the hairs standing up on the back of their necks. Then they clicked 2 lanes over and speed off. It was still daytime...
I’ve had to do the same many times in my previous Power Wagon.

Attachments

• A5D9851E-ED33-452B-BC55-4D31DDDE0A0B.jpeg
    A5D9851E-ED33-452B-BC55-4D31DDDE0A0B.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 19

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a guy cut me off on the freeway yesterday. I turned on all of my forward facing lights. Think I freaked them out a bit, a lot of erratic driving in the lane. I could see the hairs standing up on the back of their necks. Then they clicked 2 lanes over and speed off. It was still daytime...
...maybe, it was due to their back bumper melting off?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for fog light kits, we've got you covered. We have bezel and bracket kits depending on what looks you want.

As far as lighting, we can get ya any baja designs lights you'd need for your fog kit. Getting a mix of amber and clear is definitely going to cover your bases on different weather conditions. I'll shoot you a PM and help ya get settled into something.

IMG_3992 (2).JPG

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know this is probably old news, but I’m new to the Raptor world. What I’m looking for is some advice between a light bar or fogs.

I drive on east coast country backroads, no desert running. I liked the BD Linkable setup, but I assume it’s total overkill.

I’ve seen some BD fogs that are also impressive. I would like 1 amber and the other 2 white. I don’t really care about DOT legal, I’d like it to be as bright as possible.

What would you do? Thanks!

What we did on our Gen2 was we just did 3 pairs of Squadron Pro

Squadron Pro, Wide Cornering
Squadron Pro, Wide Cornering Amber
Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo

This way we had lights that were wide. We ran them on public roads (1 pair of wide at a time) and never had issues. We aimed them down low.

The amber were good for bad weather, white for normal weather. Drivnig/combo lit everything else up.

We've got a great kit with our plug and play harness, stainless steel american made brackets and 3 pairs of lights.

Use coupon code FOGS and save 5% on the entire kit (which already has a nice discount built in)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-2...ight-kit-w-baja-designs-lights-build-your-kit

Brackets14.jpg