Lighted door sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have these? Just curious if they're actually good quality or cheesy. The main problem I'm seeing is they seem to only be available for the front doors.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
who makes them? there was a company that made them for the first gen trucks, but wasnt very successful if i remember correctly.

i think it was recon

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
who makes them? there was a company that made them for the first gen trucks, but wasnt very successful if i remember correctly.

i think it was recon

Yea, Recon I believe is the only company that makes them that say Raptor, but there's a set that just says F-150 as well. I was curious because they're not exactly cheap, so I didn't wanna buy them and have them be ******.

Trixter

Reaction score
I actually have a set of these that I never installed. They were not the replacement for the sill plates I thought they would be so I never put them on. I paid a ton of money for them and I believe they are discontinued now. I would sell them real cheap though. I think I paid around 500 Canadian for them. I’ll post a pic of them later.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually have a set of these that I never installed. They were not the replacement for the sill plates I thought they would be so I never put them on. I paid a ton of money for them and I believe they are discontinued now. I would sell them real cheap though. I think I paid around 500 Canadian for them. I’ll post a pic of them later.

I'll be curiouse to see some pictures!

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ended up purchasing these finally. I found them on Amazon for quite a bit cheaper than they normally are. Unfortunately they only make the "Raptor" lettering ones for the front doors, but they do come in black with red illumination, so that's the route I went. They do make Ford oval ones for the front and the rear, but I didn't like those are the ovals only come in chrome/blue. If I get the front ones installed and like them I may order a second pair and cut them to fit the rear, but I'll wait to make that decision until I can see how they may fit the back sills.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got one of the sides installed. Literally zero instructions from Recon for them. I had to dig through my shop estimator/repair manual for the wiring diagram for the courtesy lights to figure out what I needed to tap into. I also set them up with disconnects so they can be removed from the vehicle to access under the sill plates. If I hardwired them with no disconnects they would always be in the way if I needed to get to the wiring under the sill plates. Went to install the other side to find that the clear coating over the letters was all bubbled and wavy and the R was messed up, so I will need to sent the one side back. I'm not extremely impressed with the overall fit, but the lighting does look nice in the dark, and the brushed black looks nice with the mostly black interior.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most early Raptor owners learned a long time ago NEVER buy anything RECON as they are really bad from customer service to the quality of their products.

Yea, that's why I was hesitant to purchase them. At least so far the only real issue is the one was defective, and I'm already working with the company to get a new one sent out. The wiring issue was kind of a pain, but I figured that was going to happen. It's the only RECON product I've ever purchased at this point as most of their stuff is drastically overpiced.