Lighted door sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Husky liners look great! I like the fit so much more than the Weathertech's. I'll hold my opinion on the Recon lighted door sill plates to see if the last more than a month or two!

Yea, the fit is definitely a lot better, and they don't slide around because they have the little grippy things on the bottom. It looks like they won't have any edge curling issues either because the material is a little more rubbery than plastic like the WeatherTech's, so they've got more "weight" to them. We shall see how the sills hold up. lol

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really enjoying the door sills so far. Even if the lighting on them dies they are still a VERY nice upgrade to the plastic ones that just say "Ford." The fit of them I would not say is "perfect," but they clear the door panels and line up with the stock sills just fine. The lighting at night as very nice though. Makes the interior seem a lot newer, especially if you have the ambient lighting.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was able to figure out that they will in fact work for the rear sill plates as well, they just need to be carefully disassembled and cut down. The lighting pad is plenty short that you don't have to worry about doing anything with it, it's just cutting down the plastic backing and the metal top so it's the right length. I ordered a new pair of sill plates to cut down and install on the back. I'll post pictures as I do the process. Front ones have been working perfectly. :)

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the second set of sill plates to cut down and trim to fit the rear sills, just need time to work on them. It will most likely be a project I wait to do until the new Phoenix head unit comes in since the truck is currently at the body shop in winter storage.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and updates Cody. I like the Husky liners, nice fit on them. I've had several vehicles with Weathertechs and in general they are a great product, but they do move around a bit and the edges or corners can get deformed. I just bought my 2012 used and it still has the OEM Raptor mats. They are still in good shape.

So I see you have a protector on the lower door sill...where did you get that?
I might have to do that when I do the door seal mod with the surgical tubing. Road noise coming from the bottom and pillar side of the door is really bugging me. I hope the surgical tubing thing knocks this out.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and updates Cody. I like the Husky liners, nice fit on them. I've had several vehicles with Weathertechs and in general they are a great product, but they do move around a bit and the edges or corners can get deformed. I just bought my 2012 used and it still has the OEM Raptor mats. They are still in good shape.

So I see you have a protector on the lower door sill...where did you get that?
I might have to do that when I do the door seal mod with the surgical tubing. Road noise coming from the bottom and pillar side of the door is really bugging me. I hope the surgical tubing thing knocks this out.

Yea, for some reason the Weathertechs on the truck just don't hold fit amazing and the edges curl up. I'm a lot happier with the Husky liners overall. The OEM Raptor mats are nice, they just don't provide nearly as much coverage.

As far as those protectors on the lower door sill they are from Red Hound Auto and I bought them on Amazon. They work awesome and are great to keep the paint from getting scuffed up from getting in and out.