Lightbar Behind Grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I’ll start by apologizing - I know I ask a lot of light questions!

Anyway, I know that you lose some output with the bar behind the grill, but I think it looks cool (plus I have A-Pillar lights and maybe a light bar on the bumper planned). I thought I saw somewhere (can’t find it now, I searched) that a behind the grill light bar interferes with the active shutters. Can somebody confirm or deny said rumor?

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 30” single row I purchased from Rough Country that puts out great light and does not interfear with shutters. Easy install, great wire harness. I’m also thinking of a 40” for front pumper. Not concerned to much about it taking a bit of up close camera view.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Apology refused; totally unnecessary. We’re all here to exchange Raptor info. ;)

I’ve run kawell and the Baja Design s8 behind the grille and if you install correctly the shutter clearance is tight but functional. You need to test for movement lead ace before putting back in the truck, but after putting the two grille halves together.

Rollofire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for the Baja design light bar, might have to get one of those. Im running the Baja Design S1 for my Backup lights an WOW are they ever bright, really makes backing up a lot easier

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Follow Up Question:

I see that we can mount a light behind the grill above the "FORD" emblem, but has anybody mounted anything on the lower part of the grill (not where the license plate goes)? I'd be open to a couple of light bar's if needed. I'm trying to figure out the best way to go without blocking the front camera, and I had a lot of luck with light bars behind the grill on my 2012 Power Wagon (see below).

7.jpg 12.jpg