Lightbar and KC 800 Rallies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beowulf

Reaction score
Black on black on black.

Black KC 800 Rallies (2 driving, 2 long-range) mounted on a black lightbar from n-fab on my blacked-out Raptor. 1,080,000 additional candle power.

n-fab lightbar bolts to the frame with supplied hardware in minutes. Call me old school, but I like the look of the 8" round KCs.

Hats off to Ford for the forward thinking of pre-installing Aux switches and the pre-wiring....but I hope they saved a truck load by cutting the wires 6 inches shorter than they should have. It takes brain surgeon dexterity to splice into these wires hiding behind the glovebox. one hand through the side access and one through the lowered glovebox...took a 5 minute wiring job to 30. Aux 1 is now a QTP electric cutout (my friends call it Ricky Bobby mode), Aux 2 is KC driving lights, Aux 3 is longe-range KCs that look like they can start a brush fire from 100 yards away!

Attachments

• lights off.jpg
    lights off.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 151
  • lights on.jpg
    lights on.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 153

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good!

Aux switches aren't wired straight into the engine bay in case you want to use them for something inside the cab, I believe. Do you have a second switch on the exhaust cutout? I've heard that you can't use the Aux Switch by itself since when flipped it's always sending power and that would burn up the motor on the cutout.

BTW, whisler151 has the same setup on orange.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep.. Looks great... After midnight run my wife already signed off on extra lighting (must have scared her or something.. Buffalo!)

-Greg

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow awesome!!! Hey ya know what, I heard whisler151 has the same setup... lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beowulf

Reaction score
Whisler does get full credit. That's why I ended up going with what I did.

There's two sets up blunt cut wires. One set from from the Aux switch supplying power, then there is a set that goes through the firewall and are blunt cut in the engine compartment.

Correct on the cutout. I use Aux 1 to provide power to a two way switch mounted that opens and closes cutout. This way I don't have to worry if it ever gets stuck on when it should be in the neutral center position.