Light Wiring Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dblack

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bayardla

Reaction score
First, I would like to know what happened to the lighting wiring? Do you want to replace it with a better one, or was it badly damaged during use? To solve this problem, you need to get the circuit diagrams for your car. You have to understand that this is very difficult to do because there are currently many makes of cars with hundreds of types of models of different years of manufacture. The search is quite narrow, although you can also look at circuit diagrams of close models to your car. Then the circle of the search will increase slightly. If you are unsure of your skills, it is better to contact the experts. You can contact tidalelectricalservices.com. They are good at this. I got help with my house wiring by contacting. Be careful with electricity.

Last edited:

GoDucks

Reaction score
Do you wire or can you wire a 3 pod setup to just Aux1 or each light set has to go to Aux1, Aux 2, Aux 3 etc?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Do you wire or can you wire a 3 pod setup to just Aux1 or each light set has to go to Aux1, Aux 2, Aux 3 etc?
It depends on the amperage rating of the Aux switch vs. the TOTAL amps added to the circuit.

example. if you have 15a circuit and you have pod lights that are 3 amps each x 6 total, you have 18a draw. 18 > 15 which means:

1) wire all of them to a relay, including a battery home run for +/-
2) break up the pods among multiple relays.
3) choose a lower amp light so you can fit all 6 on one circuit

you get the idea.

note that if the manual says it’s a 15a circuit, they mean it. if you have 15 amps of draw, or maybe even mid to high 14’s, that’s asking for either a BCM fault or blown up fitter fuse. USE a relay if you’re close to the switch limit.

GoDucks

Reaction score
It depends on the amperage rating of the Aux switch vs. the TOTAL amps added to the circuit.

example. if you have 15a circuit and you have pod lights that are 3 amps each x 6 total, you have 18a draw. 18 > 15 which means:

1) wire all of them to a relay, including a battery home run for +/-
2) break up the pods among multiple relays.
3) choose a lower amp light so you can fit all 6 on one circuit

you get the idea.

note that if the manual says it’s a 15a circuit, they mean it. if you have 15 amps of draw, or maybe even mid to high 14’s, that’s asking for either a BCM fault or blown up fitter fuse. USE a relay if you’re close to the switch limit.
Thanks for clarifying. Was confused with all the Aux switches. I'm used to just wiring and installing the switches that come with kits.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying. Was confused with all the Aux switches. I'm used to just wiring and installing the switches that come with kits.
yeah, those switches are for peasants in their peasant trucks. Raptor owner supplement has the up fitter switch info in it, available on owner.ford.com if you don’t have it.