Light rubbing sound when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KM111587

Reaction score
Hey good afternoon all,
Just wanted to pick some brains if anybody has had this issue before just started the other day. When I go to turn the wheel no matter what gear its in or which way i turn there’s a slight rubbing sound I can hear inside and outside of the truck. Its not horrible but you can hear it, driving it feels no different. Only a sound. Its a 2018 with 28000, I just purchased it in April and bought the extended warranty with it as well. Theres no crazy modifications. I scheduled an appointment with ford to drop off in two weeks since that was the first available. Just figured Id ask, appreciate the input.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey good afternoon all,
Just wanted to pick some brains if anybody has had this issue before just started the other day. When I go to turn the wheel no matter what gear its in or which way i turn there’s a slight rubbing sound I can hear inside and outside of the truck. Its not horrible but you can hear it, driving it feels no different. Only a sound. Its a 2018 with 28000, I just purchased it in April and bought the extended warranty with it as well. Theres no crazy modifications. I scheduled an appointment with ford to drop off in two weeks since that was the first available. Just figured Id ask, appreciate the input.
Well what mods? That will help us figure out what's rubbing. My immediate thought is tires rubbing.

OP
OP
K

KM111587

Reaction score
Well I decided to have my mechanic check it out just to see if they could see anything, it was the tie rod- front outer and inner. I had them changed. Now not a peep. Thanks for the help and ideas though much appreciated!