Light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mark 666

Mark 666

Reaction score
I verified the voltage at the rear connector with a meter the truck works fine. They are putting new replacement lights in the freezer and they are failing. The problem is with the light.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swapped the lights and the problem clearly follows the light not the truck.

Got it! Yeah that is a strange problem, but has a confirmed (warranty) fix. Thanks for posting all the vids!

I’m wondering if Ford did that themselves or their selected lighting vendor is/was trying to increase their profit margin. That vendor may be the same one that left the shift select illumination out of the later trucks.

OP
OP
Mark 666

Mark 666

Reaction score
Update I am still waiting for Ford to provide a good left tail light for my truck they are testing the lights by putting them in the freezer and then installing them in a stock unit. They still don’t have one that works when cold. I’m not sure where the quality control went on the parts supply. The good news is that the weather in the northeast is warmer than usual so the light is currently working. I will let you know if they ever find a good part. I give the dealership credit for trying to help it isn’t their fault that Ford cannot provide good replacement parts.

OP
OP
Mark 666

Mark 666

Reaction score
Update I received a call from the dealership after ordering several lights and freezing them they found a good one. They replaced it today and it works in the warm weather I guess I’ll have to wait till November to see if it’s really fixed. I would like to give kudos to Quirk Ford in Quincy MA for putting up with me and continually trying to resolve the problem.

B-C

Reaction score
being yours is Gen2 - and I'm Gen1

Probably a completely different Issue, but dunno!

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/blinker-troubleshooting-fast-right-turn.78025/

My issue Temp doesn't matter... Issue has been intermittent - thought was speed related but will show up in both signals 98% always in Right signal

have video of it working correctly - and working incorrectly.
issue appears to follow Truck in my case though

I'll be pulling tail lights out soon to see what I can find / bad connector in rear or anything like that and check voltage possibly.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
being yours is Gen2 - and I'm Gen1

Probably a completely different Issue, but dunno!

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/blinker-troubleshooting-fast-right-turn.78025/

My issue Temp doesn't matter... Issue has been intermittent - thought was speed related but will show up in both signals 98% always in Right signal

have video of it working correctly - and working incorrectly.
issue appears to follow Truck in my case though

I'll be pulling tail lights out soon to see what I can find / bad connector in rear or anything like that and check voltage possibly.

Do the aftermarket headlamps and tail lamps have resistors built in so that they draw the same load as the factory bulbs? If not, it will set DTCs, and eventually damage the BCM.

tone228

Reaction score
You said the other trucks on the dealers lot had the same problem. Were they all this type of light, were any of them the other style taillight with blind spot monitoring?

OP
OP
Mark 666

Mark 666

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the New England weather to get cold to verify the 9th drivers side light actually corrected the problem. the truck and lights have worked all summer long. BEST PURCHASE EVER!!!!!!