Light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark 666

Reaction score
Hi I am a new raptor owner and new to the forum. My 2019 raptor has an interesting issue I wonder if anyone else has had this issue. In the cold weather the rear turn signals flash half as fast as the front. I brought the truck back to the dealership it is currently waiting for an answer from Ford. I have some videos but don’t know how to upload them.

OP
OP
Mark 666

Mark 666

Reaction score
I guess No one else has this problem but the dealer put two new lights in the truck and they don’t work correctly either. Waiting for more lights.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like they definitely misdiagnosed it.

So when you say the rear flash half as fast, are you saying the rear are blinking more slowly than normal or the front are blinking more quickly than normal?

Anything aftermarket on the truck?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a computer problem. theres way too many computers onboard these trucks. a bulb isnt going to fix the problem. most likely the bcm or something in regards to an onboard computer

OP
OP
Mark 666

Mark 666

Reaction score
The rear lights flash slower than the front lights and the indicator on the cluster. It is also temperature sensitive the problem gets worse in the cold weather the lights are sealed LED and are not serviceable.

OP
OP
Mark 666

Mark 666

Reaction score
Update Ford replaces both tail lights again and today in VT at -6 degrees the right light works and the left one flashes at half speed so it looks like there are some lights out there with high resistance.

OP
OP
Mark 666

Mark 666

Reaction score
Update Ford came to my shop with a third set of tail lights that work so far I will know for sure once they get cold. I’m heading back to VT and the temperature is supposed to drop below zero if they work problem solved.

OP
OP
Mark 666

Mark 666

Reaction score
The driver’s side light still flashes half as fast as the passengers side when the outside temperature drops below freezing. The dealer put the newest light in the freezer overnight before testing it and it failed. The service manager also told me both Raptors on the lot do the same thing so any one in a cold climate with a 2019 Raptor might want to check the rear hazards in the cold.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The driver’s side light still flashes half as fast as the passengers side when the outside temperature drops below freezing. The dealer put the newest light in the freezer overnight before testing it and it failed. The service manager also told me both Raptors on the lot do the same thing so any one in a cold climate with a 2019 Raptor might want to check the rear hazards in the cold.

This sounds like a gross misdiagnosis by the dealership. There has been no communication of any "cold climate" taillamp issues on 2019 F-Series, including Raptor. Does the repair order list any DTCs?