Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Light problem

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Mark 666, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Mark 666

Mark 666 Member

Hi I am a new raptor owner and new to the forum. My 2019 raptor has an interesting issue I wonder if anyone else has had this issue. In the cold weather the rear turn signals flash half as fast as the front. I brought the truck back to the dealership it is currently waiting for an answer from Ford. I have some videos but don’t know how to upload them.

2. Mark 666

Mark 666 Member

The truck has gone back to the dealership and they ordered two new lights today I hope that cures it.

3. Mark 666

Mark 666 Member

I guess No one else has this problem but the dealer put two new lights in the truck and they don’t work correctly either. Waiting for more lights.

4. FordTechOne

FordTechOne Full Access Member

Sounds like they definitely misdiagnosed it.

So when you say the rear flash half as fast, are you saying the rear are blinking more slowly than normal or the front are blinking more quickly than normal?

Anything aftermarket on the truck?

5. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

sounds like a computer problem. theres way too many computers onboard these trucks. a bulb isnt going to fix the problem. most likely the bcm or something in regards to an onboard computer

6. Mark 666

Mark 666 Member

The rear lights flash slower than the front lights and the indicator on the cluster. It is also temperature sensitive the problem gets worse in the cold weather the lights are sealed LED and are not serviceable.

7. Mark 666

Mark 666 Member

Update Ford replaces both tail lights again and today in VT at -6 degrees the right light works and the left one flashes at half speed so it looks like there are some lights out there with high resistance.

8. Mark 666

Mark 666 Member

Update Ford came to my shop with a third set of tail lights that work so far I will know for sure once they get cold. I’m heading back to VT and the temperature is supposed to drop below zero if they work problem solved.