Lift requirements for 37" tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know people have strong feelings on lifting a Raptor, and I appreciate your feedback. However, I'm going to act foolish and lift mine a little. I plan to go with Nitto Ridge Grappler 37"/12.5"/20" tires, coupled with 20" KMC XD Machete wheels. My goal is to lift the vehicle just enough to accommodate these tires, while not rubbing, or requiring any trimming--I'd like to leave things intact.

While the 4" Fab Tech lift kit will accomplish my goal, I don't like the idea of having to use a hacksaw to put it in place.

Do folks recommend something that will accommodate the tires, but not mess too much with what is currently in place.

Also, this is a 2019 that is coming in. Do we know whether the new 2019 suspension or trail crawl technology will alter what could be done on previous model years?

Many thanks.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an 18, plan to run 37” this spring. Ordered deaver +3, SVC bumpstops, rpg drop shackles and Geiser bro springs for up front. Plan to take it easy until I can get the sdhq glass front fenders. Set up works for many people. Lifting a Raptor is taboo!

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Geiser Springs, collars or new front shocks for the front and Deaver +3s for the back will get you high enough to run 37s under normal driving conditions. You will have to trim the inner plastic wheel well liner on both sides in the front to avoid rubbing. I trimmed a 3.5" x 4.5" piece of the plastic as seen in the picture below.

IMG_3487.JPG

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Remember that a 37" spare won't fit unless you deflate it and put a ratchet strap around it. It rubs on the diff.