Life of Fox Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just turned 58,000 miles on my 2010. Have started wondering when anyone had to replace/rebuild their Fox shocks mileage wise. Thanks for any input.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I replaced mine with new at 100k, this set is at 50k and appear fine. I will just go new again when it's time. You'll get lots of people saying rebuild them after 20k, blah blah blah, to each there own I say.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just turned 58,000 miles on my 2010. Have started wondering when anyone had to replace/rebuild their Fox shocks mileage wise. Thanks for any input.
I'm at almost the exact mileage you're at and I've noticed my shocks went to **** slowly over the past 3-4K miles. I have OEM replacements sitting at home, waiting for some other goodies to install all at once.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in need for a third set next year maybe sooner with just 38,000 miles all city driving!!!
The shocks are nice but not durable, if you read your manual you should have rebuilt them a long time ago.
If I were tight with money, I guess I would do the rebuild thing.
Rock Auto is cheap enough or Tasca Parts when there on sale.

Check out Fox Shocks service interval:

Last edited:

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m at 52K and put on a new set at 48K. Will send in the originals in another 25K for a rebuild.

Jeff550

Reaction score
They should be rebuilt Just by the age of the shocks alone. The 50k milage you are at the perfect time for a rebuild.

Hit up Forged-offroad for your rebuild needs.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ****. You might as well buy a second set for as much as you will be rebuilding these. They are basically saying every year with mix use

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put new on at a little over 60k miles, went to mid perch at the same time, the ride was improved for sure. I picked everything up from rock auto at the time for about $1500 and sold my old ones for $600. $900 out of pocket when it was all said and done for brand new. I haven’t researched upgrades and the rebuild frequency of them or if it’s all the same. Some thing I will look into next replacement.