License Plate Screw Size/Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Elsewhere I posted about personalized plates. Got mine in the mail today.

Want to get either stainless screws or black screws. If the black are also stainless, great.

So can someone tell this village idiot what size and type screw it is? The ones I have are bit square head silver and ugly.

Thank you

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
off the top of my head, no. but, you can head to Lowes/Home Depot and bring one in with you, check their hardware section for their thread match or eyeball them.

alternatively - pick up some black rustoleum and spray paint the bolts.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Ace Hardware and picked up some SS pan head 1/4” x 5/8” sheet metal screws that fit perfectly. If I remember correctly they were ~ .60 cents each.

The OEM bolts Ford supplies are cheap and impossible to find in quality SS version. I always use a license plate frame on all my vehicles and cover the fasteners with the supplied plastic covers for a clean look.

D55DC9BE-1435-47F4-A187-3C7F7DB9C634.jpeg

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you both.
Went out today and forgot about the screws as I was purchasing a Can Am Outlander 1000 ATV