License plate renewal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TPAKTOP

TPAKTOP

Reaction score
For those in Texas that are a Disabled Veteran with at least 60% disability then your registration is $10.50 at least for a 2013 SVT Raptor. My property tax would be $5100 if not for my 100% VA Disabled exempt status so it is $0. Just some info for the Disabled Veterans in Texas.

Property tax you mentioned for the real estate or for the vehicle?

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been to Nashville a couple of years ago. Nice place and I believe that is even better in small towns. But income is low and it's (TN) number 4 in crime ratings. I'm actually thinking to move to another state. But I need a state that has an ocean. So for me, it is TX, SC, NC, maybe VA (but it is blue). That's actually the main reason for my question. To understand what's going on in other states.

I hear you - I lived in LA (Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey) and Santa Barbara, both great places if you enjoy the beach. Unfortunately, most ocean-lined states have crazy taxes (and most reasonable sized cities along any coast will be blue).

Nashville is pretty safe depending on where you live - you can definitely find some not so great parts if you try. And yes, it's blue, but there's a good dose of red surrounding it that keeps things normal. One nice thing about Nashville is that no matter the political stripe, people get along and realize there are more important things that politics.

And, for what it's worth, it's a day's drive from the Gulf Coast (or an hour flight).

Good luck in the search!

OP
OP
TPAKTOP

TPAKTOP

Reaction score
NJ is the basic 7% sales tax, so on Jeep costing $52k =$3640 sales tax one time only, but the next buyer is subject to paying the same 7% sales tax on it and if it is sold 5 times that is 5 times NJ collects 7% sales tax on the same vehicle. Outside of that is the Dealers clearcial fee, title fee, NJ supplemental title fee,Motor Vehicle Tire $1.50 fee per tire and they include the spare, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something that the dealer rapes you on, so roughly just about $885.00 in fee`s and $64.50 for a one year registration plus sales tax of $3640 and that was in 2018 0n a Jeep Rubicon

If you privately sell your Vehicle to someone and put down a low selling price trying to save them some sales tax you can rest assured they will get letter from the state requesting information as to why the sales price was lower than average and may want to see repair receipts, parts receipts etc. or a letter from the seller stating that they indeed sold you the vehicle for a lower price

I bought my Raptor out of state (NY) and only had to pay a $74.00 administration fee plus NJ registration fee good for 4 years for $284.50 so by purchasing out of state I was able to save a decent amount of money. I`m still curious to see what others have to pay

Well, actually here in CA, dealers wanted enormous mark up on Raptors. Don't know about now, COVID and TRX could change things. But in June 2019 they were asking 10-15K mark up for SCREW and 15-20K for SCAB. So I called few stated that also obliged to CA Emission package and found one in Pasco, WA, with all that I need and non that I don't need, and also traded down for 3.5K. Bought a ticket for 200 bucks and drew down to LA for about 200 bucks for gas. I think, that higher numbers of other guys from CA in this thread is because of dealers mark ups.

OP
OP
TPAKTOP

TPAKTOP

Reaction score
$87.75 this past summer for my 2014. My 2008 Shelby GT was $3.25 cheaper to renew only costing $84.50. You can save $2 bucks renewing online or by mail but they charge you the $2 bucks back if you use a credit card.

Mark
What's your state? No property tax on truck?

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your state? No property tax on truck?

Texas. No property tax except sales tax when purchased which is around 6%. Texas also has no state income tax but property taxes are higher than some states and sales tax is around 8% in most places. Texas has lots of people relocating from California who can’t believe how much house they get versus what they had in California. They also are surprised how many different toys we can own that go bang.

Mark

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, how much do you pay for license renewal?
In CA, Los Angeles for 2019 with a sticker price around 70K paying $780.

I'm especially interested in how much it is on the East Coast (NC, VA) and South (TX).

LOL...move the **** out of Californiastan. 2 year 12,000 pound license in Missouri, $74

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Nevada price was $1180 year 1 and going to be $1100ish this year. Going to be walking funny for awhile