License plate renewal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorrunner

Reaction score
Unfortunately I live in arlington, VA... property tax alone I pay over 3k. Goes down based on value every year but still.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I live in arlington, VA... property tax alone I pay over 3k. Goes down based on value every year but still.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Yeah... I think you guys are like $5 per $100... one of the highest rates in Virginia. I guess someone has to pay for Amazon coming to Arlington. Now let’s hope your property value doubles! ;)

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texas. No property tax except sales tax when purchased which is around 6%. Texas also has no state income tax but property taxes are higher than some states and sales tax is around 8% in most places. Texas has lots of people relocating from California who can’t believe how much house they get versus what they had in California. They also are surprised how many different toys we can own that go bang.

Mark
Some counties/cities/town impose a property tax on leased vehicles in Texas. I know as I've received a surprise bill in the mail!

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hope this goes without saying that not all Californians are leftist snowflakes. Those that aren't desperately want to relocate, but not to Oregon or Washington, they're just as bad politically. Idaho is awash with people from California, Colorado is a mess, maybe Utah among the Mormons is where it is safe to go now.
I typically think of gun rights, and then work toward moving somewhere.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would hope this goes without saying that not all Californians are leftist snowflakes. Those that aren't desperately want to relocate, but not to Oregon or Washington, they're just as bad politically. Idaho is awash with people from California, Colorado is a mess, maybe Utah among the Mormons is where it is safe to go now.
I typically think of gun rights, and then work toward moving somewhere.

I was born and raised in Clusterfornia. I moved to Colorado in 1981.(So I'm partly to blame) I've seen most Cali transplants move back because our weather sucks. What I think has turned Colorado blue is all the city kids who move here from the big upper midwestern cities because our weather is so good. I look around for other places to move and when I see Arizona and Texas trending blue I wonder if we aren't totally screwed. Most kids raised in big cities seem to have no clue, no matter where the city might be. And most kids are raised in cities these days ...

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's blue anyway. So Commiefornians actually not making it any worst. The problem is when they move to TX or so and then making it blue.

Escept they are messing with the elections outside of the 4 counties that are Portland and Salem, Oregon; east side of Cascades is nothing but read until recently started turning Deschutes county (home to Bend, the largest city east of the Cascades and the big draw to Californians).

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, bunch of angry ole people complaining
I was born and raised in Clusterfornia. I moved to Colorado in 1981.(So I'm partly to blame) I've seen most Cali transplants move back because our weather sucks. What I think has turned Colorado blue is all the city kids who move here from the big upper midwestern cities because our weather is so good. I look around for other places to move and when I see Arizona and Texas trending blue I wonder if we aren't totally screwed. Most kids raised in big cities seem to have no clue, no matter where the city might be. And most kids are raised in cities these days ...

The moment you say "kids these days" is the moment you get your AARP card.

Screen-Shot-2017-10-30-at-11.33.27-AM.png