Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

License plate renewal

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by TPAKTOP, Oct 24, 2020.

1. TPAKTOP

TPAKTOP Member

Property tax you mentioned for the real estate or for the vehicle?

2. desertfox73

desertfox73 Full Access Member

I hear you - I lived in LA (Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey) and Santa Barbara, both great places if you enjoy the beach. Unfortunately, most ocean-lined states have crazy taxes (and most reasonable sized cities along any coast will be blue).

Nashville is pretty safe depending on where you live - you can definitely find some not so great parts if you try. And yes, it's blue, but there's a good dose of red surrounding it that keeps things normal. One nice thing about Nashville is that no matter the political stripe, people get along and realize there are more important things that politics.

And, for what it's worth, it's a day's drive from the Gulf Coast (or an hour flight).

Good luck in the search!

TPAKTOP likes this.
  3. TPAKTOP

TPAKTOP Member

Well, actually here in CA, dealers wanted enormous mark up on Raptors. Don't know about now, COVID and TRX could change things. But in June 2019 they were asking 10-15K mark up for SCREW and 15-20K for SCAB. So I called few stated that also obliged to CA Emission package and found one in Pasco, WA, with all that I need and non that I don't need, and also traded down for 3.5K. Bought a ticket for 200 bucks and drew down to LA for about 200 bucks for gas. I think, that higher numbers of other guys from CA in this thread is because of dealers mark ups.

4. TPAKTOP

TPAKTOP Member

Did you pay any dealers mark up?

5. TPAKTOP

TPAKTOP Member

What's your state? No property tax on truck?

6. TPAKTOP

TPAKTOP Member

Sounds similar to CA. I was hoping it's lower. Because I'm considering NC as one of the state to escape from CA.

7. KOBRA2848

KOBRA2848 Full Access Member

Texas. No property tax except sales tax when purchased which is around 6%. Texas also has no state income tax but property taxes are higher than some states and sales tax is around 8% in most places. Texas has lots of people relocating from California who can’t believe how much house they get versus what they had in California. They also are surprised how many different toys we can own that go bang.

Mark

TPAKTOP likes this.
  8. KH4

KH4 Member

Nope, bought used. Someone had buyers remorse.

9. goblues38

goblues38 FRF Addict

LOL...move the **** out of Californiastan. 2 year 12,000 pound license in Missouri, $74

TPAKTOP likes this.
  10. DFS

DFS Full Access Member

My Nevada price was $1180 year 1 and going to be $1100ish this year. Going to be walking funny for awhile

TPAKTOP and JoeSC like this.